The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion Review

Thursday, June 05, 2014

Assalamualaikum and hello! If you guys have been following my haul updates closely on this blog and my Instagram in the past few months, you would know that I am very infatuated with tea tree oil as a mean to heal acne. I had a major acne outbreak earlier this year due to my diet problem (yes, I figured it out!) and my skin is still in healing process, which is yet to be called a safe state. I am beyond done with trying numerous acne/pimple gels from drugstores that never works on my medicine-resistant skin. Even Dalacin-T can't help my skin to heal those bumps. I don't see a dermatologist because I am still financially incapable of paying for such service. So I resorted back to square one, where I once tried treating my pimples with tea tree oil as I reviewed here. However, it was a pure essential oil so my skin went really dry and certain parts where I applied the oil peeled but the result was good, it vanished my pimples in a few days. I currently enjoy using The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil which price is more friendly to my thin pocket XD as to complement the tea tree oil, I bought Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion from The Body Shop two months ago and I have been using it quite religiously. 
The product is like a mild moisturizer (not the thick cream moisturizer type) which comes in a squeeze tube. There is only one default size containing 50ml of product. Packaging wise, nothing fancy as it comes in the signature green tube and green label for The Body Shop's tea tree range. I love the packaging as it is travel-friendly and hygienic. On the packaging is written that this Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion is suitable for blemished skin. It claims to be a lightweight hydration lotion with shine-control, aiming towards clearer looking skin and it is also infused with tamanu oil. I learned from this website that tamanu oil is a cure for acne, eczema, psoriasis and some other skin problems. 
As I have been using this Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion for almost 2 months, I can say that it is a helpful product to my pimple infested skin. I can see that it does its job as a "skin clearing lotion" but the result is only after continuous use for 2 months. It does not clear my skin entirely however, as new pimples still pop occasionally if I don't properly treat my skin, control my diet, lack of water and lack of sleep. What I can confirm is that this Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion does its job well if I am disciplined enough to take care of my entire body and skin well-being. It is light enough to be used during the day under makeup and I don't find my face getting more oily than normal. The tea tree scent is not too strong, the lotion does not sting my skin, and it absorbs almost instantly with a tinge of cooling sensation. Even though it is a tea tree product, I'm glad that it does not dry my skin either. 
I use this Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion during the day and night, after toner application. However at night, I love giving my skin extra hydration while I sleep so after this Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion, I will smooth on another layer of my other favourite moisturizer. The instruction from this Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion packaging is to smooth the lotion upwards your face and neck. Overall, I did not experience any adverse reaction, my skin is healing from ferocious acne outbreak and I can see myself repurchasing this lotion because using it gives comfort to my skin. I won't say it's a HG product as it is not an overnight miracle, but it is worth the shot if you have oily and blemished skin. For RM49.00 per 50ml, I consider it affordable.

Product name : Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion
Product type : Light moisturizer
Suitability : Oily and blemished skin
Quantity : 50ml
Price : RM49.00
Where to buy : The Body Shop

*Disclaimer : Product was bought by my own money and review is 100% honestly based on my experience*

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Wah! so tempting! I think i need to give this a try! macam best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If u don't have any tea tree lotion then give this one a try ^_^ it is mild and friendly to my skin, suka!!

      Delete
  2. I'm currently trying out the night treatment one but maybe wanna get this one too haha influence by you :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to get the night treatment as well, been seeing many good reviews about it :D

      Delete
  3. lately pimples keep popping out on my back, i think i should try this. hmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. give it a try dear ^_^ since it was said to be used on face, then it is gentle enough that our body skin can absorb it as well :)

      Delete
  4. is it suitable with sensitive skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that you'll need to consult with beautician at The Body Shop first i think :) you can explain to them about how your skin sensitivity reacts to skincare, they should know to explain whether you can use this product or not :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts