Silkygirl Moisture Boost Lipcolor Review

Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Assalamualaikum and hello! Do you guys know that Silkygirl has finally jumped into the lip crayon bandwagon? Yes, they just did! It is called Silkygirl Moisture Boost Lipcolor and it came in 6 shades. I found myself super-thrilled when I saw the ads on Cleo Malaysia August issue but a few questions lingered on my mind. Well, everyone knows that sometimes ads can be a bit deceiving. In the magazine, the colour on the model's lip was matte red as she is wearing the shade 03 Ruby. No shine whatsoever so I was wondering, is this Silkygirl Moisture Boost Lipcolor a matte balm or what? Then I found it sold at Watsons Mahkota Parade (Melaka) but there was no tester at all, pfftt..that is utterly unhelpful =_=''
So I paced to and fro in front of the display rack, wondering what colour should I buy. I hope you know that I love red lippie. I always find myself inclined to buy the red colour first then only I will opt for other colours. But then I told myself to get over it and I ended up with shade 04 Rose and shade 06 Wine. Rose looks like what I can wear everyday without screaming attention and Wine, because I don't have a lip balm in that plum colour yet and I should have one, I guess. The result? I love this new Silkygirl Moisture Boost Lipcolor ^_^
Packaging wise, it is quite similar to other crayon lipbalms available in the market. The plastic tube and cap is the sturdy type, so don't worry of breaking the cap over time. It is a twist to use type, and no sharpening needed. Shade 03 Rose is kinda pinkish nude but the colour varies once it is on the lips, depending on how fair or pigmented your lips are. It is suitable to be worn daily, no matter day or night  and for people with fair, pinkish lips, this could be your MLBB colour. For me, since I have pigmented lips, the colour of 03 Rose appears better on my lower lip than on my upper lip. Yeah, my upper lip is darker than my lower lips what to do~ On the other hand, shade 06 Wine is a very sexy plum colour I shall say, hehe! It is very suitable for night use, you will never go wrong with this on!
I have been using both colours of this Silkygirl Moisture Boost Lipcolor and I found that as much as I enjoy using 04 Rose as my daily colour, I love 06 Wine more. To me, the latter is more moisturizing than 04 Rose. They feel slightly waxy or balmy upon application and that feeling dissipates over time. Both colours does not dry my lips, or maybe it is also contributed by me drinking enough plain water I guess? So yeah, this Silkygirl Moisture Boost Lipcolor never gave me dry or chapped lips so far. 06 Wine stays moist and a bit 'slippery' longer than 04 Rose on my lips. However, 06 Wine tend to bleed a bit at the corners of my mouth which does not happen with 04 Rose. For pigmented/dark lips, a bit of layering is needed with 04 Rose but 06 Wine is awesomely pigmented that just one layer is more than enough to give you that pretty plum colour. For me, this Silkygirl Moisture Boost Lipcolor is very suitable for casual wear like going for a date, movie, shopping, holiday or simply strolling around, and if you're going to wear this to work, it is suitable if you are just staying in the office. I found that this Silkygirl Moisture Boost Lipcolor left a subtle matte but pretty tint after 4 hours on my lips. So all in all, I'd say that Silkygirl Moisture Boost Lipcolor is a range of fun coloured lip balm that is suitable for daily wear if you are looking for new lip products to brighten up your day ^_^ It is better if you get to swatch them first (or if the testers are new and unused, you might wanna try it on your lips) so that you can estimate how the colours will show up. This is not  a matte balm, but once it dries it will look like a very soft matte stain. 

There is nothing to hate about this Silkygirl Moisture Boost Lipcolor even though it is not a 100% perfect product. For the price tag, it is sensible and worth the money. If I were to compare it with Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain that I have reviewed here, I will say that the only difference is the minty smell and feeling from using Revlon's, because Silkygirl Moisture Boost Lipcolor does not come with any fragrant or minty/cooling sensation on lips. Well, these are my opinions based on my experience of wearing both brands. I hope that this post is helpful ^_^ before I leave, here's a picture of me wearing shade 04 Rose (daylight, sorry for the shine XD) and shade 06 Wine

Product Info:
Silkygirl Moisture Boost Lipcolor
NP : RM18.90
(I bought them at Watsons on sale RM17 each)

*Disclaimer : Product was bought with my own money and I do not receive any compensation or instruction to blog about it. Opinions stated are unbiased and 100% based from my experience as a user.

Where to find me :
Facebook || Twitter || Instagram || Bloglovin || Google+ ||

You Might Also Like

34 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Actually this is for you and Wiida coz I remember our conversation on my picture about these two items ^_^

      Delete
  2. Pretty colourss~~ I am tempted hahah! Want to find an alternative to my finishing-soon-Glossybox lipstick T^T

    Bloobs Blurbs II

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go swatch some at the drugstore babe, and then angkut la 2-3 colours XD

      Delete
  3. oh my god both of the colours looks really nice on you!! :O

    the colours are so pretty i almost didn't believe it when you say you didn't try the tester hahaha you are pretty good at aiming then ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think i just have the luck to guess what colour will look good on me, hehe! omg you dont know how long i spent choosing them because there was no tester. i think the security guard looked at me as if i were thinking about robbing the shop XD

      Delete
  4. Looks like it's a new product, I didn't notice this the last time I went to Watson. Looks very promising, and definitely reasonable. Will go check it out and do some swatches. Who knows I might purchase one.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far in Melaka I only found 1 or 2 outlets je yang ada jual benda ni kak. I think i shouldnt be that hard to find in Klang Valley for you ^_^ yeah the price is good and the quality is impressive, so if you cant seem to love it after you buy, it wont be too much rugi :p

      Delete
    2. Yup totally agree with you... ^_^

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love both colours! Especially Rose! Though I have pigmented lips I still love it! hehe Definitely gonna check them out! thanks for sharing, dear! :D
    Love, Mira | http://lemieletlavanille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome babe, go check it out and i hope you'll find the colour that you love ^_^

      Delete
  6. oh my !! sexy 06 wine... love it
    next week probably. This month dh bankrupcy huhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right, i call it sexy siren. i even feel sexy when i wore it XD ok malu sekejap :p
      next week ye kak? kita nampak apa awak dah beli sampai bankrap minggu ni XDD

      Delete
  7. These look awesome, and a great alternative to the pricier Revlon/Clinique crayons! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I know you're in love with Revlon's matte balm but the price is not something that we want to love kan ;) go ahead and try some of these new crayons!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. ooo wiida tak suka minty scent ea? hopefully you can find the shade that you'll love in this range ;)

      Delete
  9. Oooo, I must check this out, super affordable. The size looks smaller than regular kissable lip balms, it is? Btw, no testers is not just utterly unhelpful, it is utterly cruel! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think i'll have to check again about the sizes, coz i think macam lebih kurang sama je. thank you for agreeing with me about the no tester thingy, now i realized how cruel they were to made me pace to and fro in front of the shelf for 15 minutes trying to think of which shade to buy XDD

      Delete
  10. i love a slippery lipstick bcos it looks gorgeous on the lips. but.... easy come easy go! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree with you babe, slippery ones tend to fade faster. but i guarantee you, the shade 06 Wine is a different story ;)

      Delete
  11. Hello dear, thank you so much for visiting my blog ^_^ i'm going to your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeayy. Murah dari Revlon so boleh kumpul bebanyak. Haha. Sya pun suka warna merah sbb sya rasa warna lain tak naik kat bibir. Idk whyy :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sya sila beli warna merah 03 Ruby pastu buat review, nak tengok cemana outcome dia sebab kita mmg kena 'puasa' from buying that color, hahaha!

      Delete
  13. Salam Mieza. I love colored balms like these. Obsessed is an understatement. Will definitely check these out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. salam dear ^_^ yeah I found that coloured/tinted balms are super easy to use, say it is practical :) hope you'll find something you like soon!

      Delete
  14. ingatkan masa warehouse sale hari tu ader la..teringin nak beli..tapi takde pulak..maybe sebab produk baru kot..nanti nak beli jugak..nak try..menarik hati sungguh..hehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. produk paling latest biasanya takde kat warehouse sebab stok semua baru, hehe! kita tak dapat dah pergi Alliance Cosmetics punya warehouse sale sebab now dah balik duduk Melaka, I envy you ladies yang dapat pergi!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts