Pure Color Envy Liquid Lip Potion Review : Quiet Riot

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Assalamualaikum and hello! As a late bloomer in the liquid lipstick frenzy, I'm kinda head over heels with them at the moment anyway. If you've been around here long enough, you'll know that I was not much of a lipstick fan. However things have changed and I can safely say that I now have no problem wearing lipstick, in fact I feel awesome when I put them on, hehe!

I was introduced to this Pure Color Envy Liquid Lip Potion by a friend during Estee Lauder Beauty Playground grand opening so I guess why not try it. I bought one in shade 250 Quiet Riot after a swatch spree of numerous shades on the back of my hand. Honestly the range of colours offered is amazing and I think I might come back for more when I have sufficient fund to be wasted on makeup (living a frugal life now thanks to the dwindling economy)





To me, the packaging of this lip potion is clean and sleek. User can see the true colour through the transparent 'window' on the body of the tube. The shade code is labelled at the bottom side of the tube, which is normal for most lip products. 



An attribute I love the most in this Pure Color Envy Liquid Lip Potion is the applicator. Unlike most doe-foot applicators in makeup products, it has a curved shape to allow control on how much product you want to have on the applicator and the shape is also very helpful when you're applying the product onto your lips. Talk about precise application ;)



Time for swatches! Quiet Riot is a deep, pinkish fuschia colour and it is definitely not for the faint hearts. There's not much difference in term of the colour payoff when captured in indoor lighting versus how it appears under direct sunlight. Most of the time I found my appearance to be so pleasantly striking (yeah that's how happy I feel alright) when I put Quiet Riot on my lips and honestly by the time I realized that I've fallen in love with this lip potion, it's too late to turn back. 

Quality wise, this is the best liquid lip product I've tried so far. The colour is very opaque and I don't need a hefty swipe to make it look bold. A little goes a long way with this Pure Colour Envy Liquid Lip Potion, well at least for the shade Quiet Riot if I may not be so bold in describing for the entire line. It never made my lips dry or chapped and I never experienced any discomfort when wearing it. 

This lip potion's staying power is amazing too. I noticed that it doesn't fade if I only have some drinks. With heavy meals, the colour fades about 30% but I have friends asking "what lipstick are you wearing because the colour is still as opaque as before you had that meal" so I guess it's loyal enough to stay through meals :p Anyway, you need to be wary that the colour kinda transfers to all surfaces that your lips touch. 


I'm not much of a selfie person lately so here's the latest picture of me wearing Quiet Riot on my lips. It's appearance might differ from the swatches above due to the bright sunlight I was exposed to in this picture but I hope you can get a hint on how pretty the shade is, hehe! 

I'm gonna admit that the price tag is quite hefty but I guess if you're irrevocably in love with something (and when it especially comes with undeniably good quality) maybe you won't mind paying. I don't know if there is a perfect dupe at a cheaper price but as per now I am very comfortable with Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Liquid Lip Potion ^_^ hoping to try more shades soon!


Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Liquid Lip Potion
Shade reviewed : 250 Quiet Riot
Price : RM98.00
Available at Estee Lauder counters, Beauty Playground (Sunway Pyramid)

Disclaimer : Product was bought and not specifically a sponsored item for review. This review is written purely based on my experience as a user.

Love,
Mieza


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts