Review : Maybelline Color Sensational in Red Porcelain

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Assalamualaikum and hello! I've been longing to do this post ever since I grabbed this awesome lipstick. Special thanks to my beloved girlfriend Nurul Hidayu for being my partner in crime in loving this lipstick to the max ^_^ 

I love red. Especially red lipstick that really screams RED. But so far I only have 2 red lipsticks, the first one being from Silkygirl, and the second one is from Maybelline, which is the star of this post ;)



Red Porcelain is my love at first swatch. I really love how red it is, how creamy the formula is, and how smoothly it glides on. When I applied it on my lips, I experience the same like what happened with the swatch on my hands, and definitely better when I get to examine the finished look. 



Just look at how red the lipstick is. When I saw it I know I can't afford to miss this color. Well, when I worked in Parkson earlier in 2011, I loved British Red from L'oreal but I don't think the color is the same with Red Procelain. They both have their own charm :) Red Porcelain's price is very pocket friendly, and I was even luckier to get it with a special price (read : happy girl) ^_^


The above swatch is obtained just by 1 swipe. I don't need multiple swipes to achieve the perfect red layer, this shows that Red Porcelain is very pigmented and a little definitely goes a long way ^_~ It is moisturizing too as this is one of the lipstick with excellent formula that does not dry my lips, does not accentuate the lines on my lips and it does not settle onto the fine lines on my lips. Moreover, the lipstick leaves my lips with a decent red stain after meals and it doesn't matter if I don't have time to reapply or I forgot to do so. It shines, so I don't need to wear lip gloss on top of it. Well, I'm not a lip gloss person either :p


Red Porcelain is definitely my most favourite red lipstick, and I'm kinda putting it as a benchmark for other red lippies to steal my attention,hehe~ Last but not least, here's some pics of me sporting Red Porcelain. It was captured before I attended my cousin's wedding, and the little girl is my youngest sister Wafa, who always love making cute faces pleading me to let her play with makeups too, hehe~


what do you think of red lippies?
what is the best red lipstick in your stash?
do leave your comments below sweethearts
^_^




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. What a bold color to rock! I've always been scared of using red lipsticks. Even if I do, I'd blot them away til all that's left is a stain resembling a natural flush. I do like that look, I used to do it a lot with my Christian Dior lipstick because it was SO pigmented, and my lips are crazy pale!

    Thanks for joining my giveaway <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a bold color indeed! The reason I favor red lipstick is because I have dark lips, so light and pinky tones doesnt work at all on my lips =_='' thats why I choose red over the others :D no problem if you still cant get used to wearing red, lama2 nanti boleh punya ;)

    you're welcome dear, thank you for hosting it tau ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts