Favourite Hair Products #1

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Assalamualaikum and hello! Hair is women's crowning glory. Her pride, her invaluable tresses. But being a woman, I am not exempted from having some hair problems including frizziness, hair loss and itchy scalp. To find hair products that really work on my hair are like finding a needle in a haystack, it is nearly impossible. I dont know if my hair is destined to be this stubborn, but I'm glad that there are several products than have been very helpful to me in maintaining my hair's manageability. So, without further rambles, I present to you my budget style, hair saviours at the moment ;) 


1. Ma Cherie Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner
I have been using this set since early 2014 and I say this is my number one moisturizing shampoo so far ^_^ i really fell in love with how it makes my hair soft, manageable and it smells so amazing that I (again and shamelessly) fell in love with my own imperfect tresses. It is like a therapy to me when using this Ma Cherie Moisture range and I always step out of the bath feeling all happy, positive and refreshed. The power of enjoying something simple, inexpensive and something that makes me feel pretty, I guess. I have rebelliously dry and frizzy hair, so I really need this Ma Cherie Moisture shampoo and conditioner to tame them. I suggest you to try the travel size first if you would like to buy this duo. It is available at all major pharmacies nationwide.


2. Batiste Dry Shampoo : Original
I was influenced to buy this one upon reading Sabrina Tajudin’s review of the whole range. I bought it at Cold Storage One Utama. Speaking of my dry hair, this Batiste Original dry shampoo is not meant to treat any specific hair condition as it only serves as an instant hair refresh in between shampoos. It cannot be substituted for the normal bath shampoo okay? I love this Batiste Original because it is true to its tagline, clean and classic. My hair and head feels and smells very fresh upon using it, and it gives my hair a light, manageable feeling. It gives a bit of volume as well in a very sophisticated manner, even my dry and frizzy hair looks good upon using this dry shampoo. Too bad I cannot show you the before and after picture but if my dry frizzy hair loves this, then I guess you with soft hair will look even more fabulous ^_^

3. L'Oreal Paris Extraordinary Oil
This is my new favourite and sometimes I cannot avoid but think the Extraordinary Oil is actually better than it’s sister Mythic Oil. Apart from being nearly half a fraction cheaper than Mythic Oil, this Extraordinary Oil works far better on taming my frizzy hair. My hair was in the state of mess that even Einstein will scream Eureka! upon smoothing this oil all over my crazy tresses. I was literally struck in awe the first time I tried this oil and from then I swear I must always have this with me. It makes my hair feel silky smooth, truly manageable and frizziness reduced by 70% (please trust my calculation, hehe). I saw on adverts that this oil can be used before shampoo, after shampoo and before heat is applied (blow dry especially) to give you a fabulous after look. So far, I am irrevocably in love with it!


4. Good Virtues Co. : Happy & Heavenly Anti-Dandruff + Hair Fall Protection Shampoo
I first saw this on Jannah’s instagram. And then I saw it live on display at a local beauty shop in Melaka Sentral while I was about to board the bus back to Kuala Lumpur. Me being a volunteer lab rat, I cannot resist not buying. What more with a very cheap price tag of RM9.90 for 300ml, I refuse to leave the shop without taking one with me. There were a few variants and I chose Happy & Heavenly, the anti-dandruff shampoo with hair fall protection. It has organic black seed oil (habbatus sauda in Arabic). What more interesting is that the products of Good Virtues Co. are free from SLES, ALES, parabens and synthetic colourants. This shampoo comes with its sister conditioner as well but it was not sold at that shop so I haven’t gotten any chance to stumble upon it yet. I have been using this shampoo frequently for more than a month and it works on me just fine. I rarely get the itch on my scalp anymore (it does not disappear entirely though) and my hair fall is not that ridiculous like before. I think this shampoo’s workability depends on how frequent I use it. There was a few days where I was away and couldn’t bring it with me and my hair fall was a  disaster. Anyhow since I’ve seen some improvements, I shall rate this shampoo as working on my condition, just not as excellent as Aveda’s Invati line maybe because of my diet and I don’t use its complete set. Give it a try will you? It’s our local product anyway, your investment will help Good Virtues Co.’s growth :) my blogger friends said that apart from being found at local beauty shop / kedai jamu, Good Virtues Co. products can be bought from Jaya Grocer as well. Go and check them out at @goodvirtuesco and their website!

5. L’Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Nourishing Mask
I actually hate using hair conditioners because they are slimy, slippery and I do not have the patient to wait one minute two minutes whatever minutes in the shower doing nothing before washing them off. However it is a different story when I first used this L’Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Nourishing Mask. All my deepest hatred towards the slipperiness of hair mask/conditioners went down the drain because of how soft my hair feels like after this mask. It is truly nourishing even after a day, my (again) rebelliously frizzy hair still looks good and not like any mad scientist. It smells good too, but a bit intense and the scent is not as light as Ma Cherie’s fragrance. Never mind, it makes me happy and content, and that’s more than enough.

Well, I hope I did not bore you with my frizzy hair story. I am truly sincere in sharing this because to me, finding the perfect hair solution that does not turn me into a beggar is quite hard as most drugstore brands does not work on me. Been to salons and ‘cried’ paying the expensive treatments that really works is not the luxury I could afford monthly so I have to keep trying to find the best and most economic solution. I wear a headscarf but it does not mean I can slack off from taking care of my tresses. Healthy hair is the goal for all women who cares about her self, it is her confidence no matter her head is wrapped with a shawl all day or if she always proudly flaunt it. To me, all women should get the best treatment for their hair; their pride and their crowning glory. Toodles!

Disclaimer : This is not a paid post. Everything is sincerely from my heart and experience as a user. Three products in this post were bought using my own money and the other 2 products were received in gift bags.  

Love,
Mieza

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. i'm obsessed with extraordinary oil too! i use the brown pump one for normal or dry hair.
    it's super amazeball. last time before gst, they went on sale about 2bottle for around RM53, i got it immediately to stock up. so so so good ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree with you Anis, super amazeball this oil kan ^_^ if I saw the sale memang dah rembat dah XD

      Delete
  2. I've been using the Mythic Oil until now, but after reading your review, I think I'll pick up a bottle of the Extraordinary Oil once my bottle runs out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope that the Extraordinary Oil will serve you well should you decide to purchase it ;) Mythic Oil is good but aside from being expensive, I found that Extraordinary Oil works better on my frizzy hair. It made me feel fabulous!

      Delete
  3. I always wanted to try out the extraordinary oil and Mythic Oil, but I'm worried that it aint worth my money. After reading your post I think I'm heading down to wasting soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha you should babe, wont be called wasting coz both of these oils works. i mean, they really work on hair ^_^

      Delete
  4. I'm interested in the Happy & Heavenly shampoo. They sell online too and shipping is free above RM 20+

    Latest giveaway -
    http://www.theisabellee.com/2015/04/alotos-berry-flavour-collagen-drink.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will re-stock and add up more products from them later, thanks for the info babe! I joined your giveaway ^_^

      Delete
  5. Good virtues sound interesting... I love Ma Cherie as well as Moist Diane....they smell just soooooo heavenly....How does the Good virtues smell like...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent tried Moist Diane. How does it perform? Good Virtues smell like a combination of sweet and spiciness, maybe the dash of spice is because of Habbatus Sauda :)

      Delete
  6. Love the scent of ma cherie and how light my hair feels after using it.. haha.

    Xoxo
    Miriam
    www.miriammerrygoround.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeayyy high 5! by far the best drugstore shampoo i ever tried ^_^

      Delete
  7. oooh i wanna try the happy heavenly shampoo...and i been lazy using the dry shampoo now..prolly im too busy and i jus leave my hair there....ohh as for oil I still like my milbon argan oil over loreal mythic oil but i hv not try the one you mention...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope it works well on you when you try the happy heavenly shampoo :) lots of variation from them!

      Delete
  8. i need to try on the ma cherie shampoo, it looks cute! And I love the Mythic Oil too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go check at watsons and guardian, i saw ma cherie shampoo in promo sets a few days ago ;)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts