New Menu at Boat Noodle

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Assalamualaikum and hello! When the 'boat noodle' phenomena took Malaysian food scene by the storm a while ago, I was still busy figuring out what to do in my life thus only until recently that I finally got the chance to experience a.k.a eat at the famous Boat Noodle restaurant ^_^ being in the late train does give me some benefit which is, I got to taste a selection of their new menu fresh from Thailand, yeay! 

So before we indulge our eyes with their new offerings, lets start with the classic first, which is the boat noodle. If you're still in the dark, this is called boat noodle because in Thailand, this noodle is sold in boats at the floating market. The unique thing about it is that the quantity per bowl is so small that you can finish it within 2-4 gulps only. There are 2 types of gravy, one thin and the other being thick as it contains coconut milk (santan). Beef or chicken? They have both!

the original boat noodle

Next up is my number one favourite from the new menu, which is Kra-Pow Chicken rice or in its English name is Basil Fried Chicken with rice. I have tasted a lot of Kra-Pow Chicken rice at other restaurants and once in Thailand. This one at Boat Noodle is the best I ever get in Malaysia, it tastes exactly like what I had in Thailand! The chicken bits were tender and perfectly marinated, the sauce was awesome and I wish I could have more :D

Kra-Pow Chicken Rice - RM11.90

If you feel like snacking after or even before your heavy meal, then Thai Popeye's Tempura is just the right thing for you. What vege is Popeye's favourite? This is my very first time eating fried spinach coated with some special flour. The dip is very tasty too and it complements the fried spinach well, which is surprisingly delicious. You'll never realize that your plate is empty, it's addictive!

Thai Popeye's Tempura - RM6.90

If we have our beloved Maggi mee, then Thailand too has their own classic instant noodle. Yum Mama is a brilliant mixture of the noodle, crab meat, sausages and vegetables. If you don't feel like having rice and you don't want anything soupy then try this.

Yum Mama - RM8.50

Sorry, I don't know what was I thinking when I snapped this image. Coconut Pan is the latest addition to Boat Noodle's drinks selection. It is basically the same like our local coconut shake but this version is a lot more creamier and the coconut taste is like segar dari ladang. It took my taste bud by surprise actually, and I advise you to share this with your loved ones as I think some people might not be able to gulp down the entire creamy concoction. So order one Coconut Pan, and try their iced tea (I found that the normal one tastes better than the blended one) or their iced green tea, both are so tasty and refreshing!

Coconut Ice Blended - RM8.90

 Grilled chickenballs and grilled meatballs

Yum Meatball - RM8.90

Now this Yum Woon Sen is a serious business for seafood and spicy lover. Actually it is not spicy enough to my expectation so it is safe for anyone to eat I guess, hehe! A mixture of vege goodness with the wonders of the sea. Calamari rings, crab sticks, prawn and Woon Sen (glass noodle), this was my favourite after Kra-Pow Chicken rice. I'll definitely come back for this one, seriously worth indulging in ;)

Yum Woon Sen - RM13.00

Bangkok Omelette with Sood Yut - RM11.90

latest menu at Boat Noodle (Berjaya Times Square outlet)

Overall, I think the current menu at Boat Noodle is a success because they really deliver the real taste of Thailand food right here in Malaysia. So, if you have some Thai-cravings to be fixed, get your eating companion to flood in Boat Noodle and order everything I mentioned above okay? Price wise as you can see in the menu above, they're still in the cheap range which makes them very affordable even in tumultuous pocket, hehehe :p Happy eating everyone!

Boat Noodle Outlets as per April 2015 :

  • Empire Damansara
  • Berjaya Times Square
  • The School at Jaya One
  • Ikon Cheras
  • Publika
  • Sutera Mall, Johor Bahru
  • Gamuda Walk, Kota Kemuning
  • Klang Parade
  • D'Pulze Cyberjaya
Visit Boat Noodle facebook page : fb.com/meesampan


You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. wah~!! drooling!! my roomie suggested this place before but I never got the chance to try it yet! stiil, definitely will go the one Times Square. hehe thanks babe for sharing!
    xx, Mira | http://lemieletlavanille.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super love boat noodles! Although the portion is small, a few bowls is enough to fill my tummy. Should go back and try their latest addition :)

    Cheers
    Miriam
    www.miriammerrygoround.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree with you, the portion might look small but i can be satisfied with 2-3 bowls only, hehe! the taste is delicious so i think that makes me full, good food ;)

      Delete
  3. hi wandee, thank you so much for dropping by and following me ^_^ i'm checking your blog and vlogs now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tertanya-tanya kenapa kena guna banyak bowl. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sebab isinya sikit so kalau orang yg makan banyak they need more servings ;)

      Delete
  5. WaWaWa Mieza buat akak rindu Boat Noodle. Nak, Nak. Nak. Haaa ..kan dah teringin .. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kinda missed the train on this Boat Noodle craze. Maybe I should go soon :)

    www.thethinkerbelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let us sama2 board on the next train to Boat Noodle and buat havoc at the restaurant XD

      Delete
  7. Mak oiii miza... apahal kau menggoda akak ye! jahat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *kira voucher Boat Noodle.. 1...2...3...4...20 keping #eh AHAHAHA

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts