GT Mobile GT888 Smartphone Review

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

New smartphones are getting more sophisticated from day to day and just recently, GT Mobile from Singapore has launched its first edition smartphone called GT-888. Manufactured by GT Mobile Pte Ltd, this new smartphone seems to be a promising device for those looking to get a new or backup phone with high performance. As I got the chance to get one for myself, I've been testing this phone to see if it lives up to its promises and we shall dissect further below.



The GT-888 mobile phone comes in two colours, and I got myself the one in Metal Grey colour. The box packaging comes with a standard set for any smartphones including a USB-charger, a pair of earphones, 2 pieces of screen protectors and 1 piece of clear, rubber casing to protect its back from scratches. 


Specifications of GT-888 mobile phone:
  • Dimensions : 158.9 x 77.5 x 8.6 mm
  • CPU : MT6735P 4 x Cortex-A53 1GHz
  • GPU : ARM Malit720-MP1 600MHz
  • RAM : 1GB / 2GB
  • Storage : 16GB
  • Display : 5.5” 720 x 1280 pixels
  • Battery : 2550mAh
  • OS : Android 5.1
  • Camera : Rear-8.0MP, Front-5.0MP
  • SIM card : Dual SIM (SIM + MicroSIM)
  • WI-FI : 802.11a/b/g/n
  • USB : Micro 5pin
  • Bluetooth : 4.0
  • Positioning : GPS A-GPS

Design
The phone looks very iPhone-ish as I was told by many, but one distinctive difference is that it does not have any buttons on the screen. The phone's thickness of 8.6mm is just fine for me as I love wide but slim phones because that makes it easier for me to hold it. Using the given casing, my grip on the phone is more secure as it lessens the probability of the phone sliding off from my grasp. The touch screen is very responsive and the colour display is amazingly crisp and bright. With Gorilla Glass 3, the user also can worry less about getting the screen damaged easily but it is safe to put on a layer of screen protector so that your screen lasts longer.

Dual Sim
GT-888 is a dual sim phone and nothing makes me happier than that. As someone who juggles a few responsibilities, I prefer to have 2 separate numbers for work and personal purposes but I hate carrying 2 phones as it takes up space and it requires more power usage when it comes to charging especially when I'm on the go. Sim1 slot is directly above the microSD card slot and Sim2 slot is located next to it. However from the beginning, I'm only able to use Sim2 slot as Sim1 slot has a bit of trouble in detecting my sim card.


update 1/3/2017 : I'm unable to use the 1st simcard slot due to unknown error/reason. I shall try and buy a microSD card to be fitted under the sim1 slot and then insert my simcard there to see if it can work or not. 

Functionality - Speaker, Camera, Processor
The speaker is located below on the right side and as far as I have tested, the sound quality is good and it is LOUD. I always play music when I'm cooking and though I hit the highest volume, the music came out smooth without any sign of cracking.


I am really in love with the phone's camera and I can vouch that it works perfect especially for outdoor photo-shooting in great natural lighting. See below pictures, they're all raw and unedited, fresh from the phone and straight to this post.

taken indoor, daytime, under yellow lighting
taken outdoor, early morning while waiting for sunrise
taken indoor, daytime, under white lighting


taken outdoor, nigh time, under white lighting 
taken outdoor during morning, under natural sunlight
taken outdoor during afternoon, under natural sunlight

taken outdoor during afternoon, natural sunlight
As for the processor, I found this phone to be fast performing and as far as I can remember, I experienced less lagging when multitasking and the phone never crashed either. The phone comes with a quick charge technology so if the user is in a rush and forgot to charge the phone earlier, one only needs a minimum of 15 minutes to get the battery charged to 35% .


In a nutshell, GT-888 is a decent first model from GT Mobile Pte Ltd and as a user, I have more satisfaction than regrets of using this phone. All the application I installed are working fine and fast, all my pictures are of excellent quality from using this phone and charging has not been a problem as the battery takes moderate time to fully recharge. Maybe my only wish is that both sim card slots is functioning well but maybe mine is an isolated case. If you're interested to get this phone, do visit gtmobile.sg/stores/malaysia for more information.








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts