Why I Hike?

Thursday, March 02, 2017

2017 has entered its third month and only now I'm given the opportunity to write about my newfound love, hiking.

I decided to seriously hike mountains in Malaysia in December 2016 when I saw a post on Facebook group Hiking & Camping Around Malaysia where a team was looking for participants to join their year-end trip to hike Mount Nuang. I decided on the spot that yes, I am going to do this and I instantly contacted the person in charge, paid the fees and before I knew it, I was already in their Whatsapp group. It all happened 2 weeks before the 31st of December 2016. 

That, was the best decision I ever made in my entire adult life. So far. If you're wondering why I hike, I have a few answers to give out. 

1. I am an outdoor lover and I have always wanted to start hiking. I bond with nature by spending time exploring it.

2. I need to sweat it out. Hiking is a rigorous physical activity and the pain of doing so makes me happy.

3. Hiking is my escapism. I'm battling a stupid depression.

Mount Nuang, Hulu Selangor | 1,493m | - 31st December 2016




Bukit Kutu, Kuala Kubu Bharu | 1,053m | - 14th January 2017




Mount Tok Nenek, Cameron Highlands | 1,904m | - 4th to 5th February 2017





Mount Ledang via Sagil | 1,276m | - 25th February 2017






I found hiking to be very therapeutic for me. Sometimes it's painful, my knees doesn't feel right anymore but I'm loving the positive vibe I'm experiencing from hiking. I don't plan to slow down and I will always fill my weekends with hiking from now on. I'll be taking Mount Rajah on 11th March 2017 and then Mount Tahan on 1st till 4th April 2017. I pray to God so that He'll continuously give me the strength to keep on doing what I really love. I hope that I'll be able to meet my initial plan of 1 month 1 mountain for 2017. There will be challenges, there will be setbacks but I'll keep going :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts