Going A Step Further

Monday, February 03, 2014

Assalamualaikum and Hello!

I'm gonna do a quick update here about my current life, hehe~ I'll be starting my internship today, Monday, February 3rd 2014. Truthfully, I'm a bit nervous but I don't have those butterfly in my stomach, yet. I hope everything will go well. 

I'm now renting at a new place nearby the office. I got my own room, though the wardrobe does not look like a normal wardrobe at all and the bathroom is outside, not attached. But I don't mind it though, I'm happy coz the house is very comfortable and my housemates are very nice to me. 

Thinking about going to work tomorrow, I yet to find out on how am I gonna get to work, on my own, safely. I used to be very pampered, always have a car waiting outside the gate and I can go anywhere I want at ease. Now that I'm all alone at this new foreign place, I'll just have to shove that awkward feeling of being looked by strangers, chin up and strode off like a boss. I actually want to just walk to the office since it's quite near and the roads are all within housing areas, shops and the mosque. It is not the main road and it is always full with people. But...my parents and housemates are kinda skeptical about me being a skinny underweight girl wanting to walk alone to the office. They say I won't be able to defend myself if I were (god forbid) attacked, harassed or teased by any perverts. They said "No, you don't walk to the office. Take the cab, it's safer". My dad even told me to bring anything that can be a weapon when I use the elevator (my house is on the 16th floor and this condo is full with foreigners). But the taxi driver I met today while on the way back from One Utama told me to just walk to the office coz it's very near and it will be such a waste to ride a taxi everyday. Hmm, we'll see how it goes tomorrow. 

Baru je ingat nak stay fit and healthy by walking to the office. Alahai...

Anyhoos, wish me luck in my internship! ^_^ 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Haha bahaya la walk. You don't know what could happen >.< But if you want to walk you have to have someone with you, not alone~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts