Review: OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Assalamualaikum and hello! Do you love oranges? I do! But only the sweet ones, hehe! However, I found myself eating oranges only during the Chinese New Year season because it seems to be everywhere. I know that oranges contain vitamin C like most citrus fruits and that our skin needs Vitamin C to stay clear of blemishes and obtain a healthy radiance and glow. So, when Natta Cosme's black box of happiness containing the OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum arrived at my doorstep, I couldn't be more happier to start my journey of applying a marvelous vitamin C serum on my face ^_^ well, not everyone has the time to peel oranges everyday right? When it comes in a bottle, you gotta use it ;)
I felt a bit sorry for myself when I found that the entire box of OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum is written in Korean language. I don't speak or read Korean, so I have to Google everything to understand the product, how to use it and the precautions. The OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum came with a separate dropper as shown in the picture above. 
  • use this serum every night, apply 2-3 drops all over face
  • sunblock use is essential during the day when you're using this OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum
  • skin may experience slight tingling sensation upon use of serum
  • mixing this serum with toner is a way to reduce this serum's stickiness on face
  • sediment may occur at the bottom or bottle neck but product is safe to use
  • browning of serum is caused by oxidation
  • orange coloured liquid means that you must toss the serum out (check the colour here)


OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum contains a very high vitamin C concentration which is 20%. The colour should be transparent and it gets a bit brownish after a while and when it turns orange, it means that the serum is entirely oxidized which is not safe to be used anymore. So if you plan on getting this OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum, make sure that you store it in cool, dark places or in the refrigerator. I put mine in its box and then in my drawer. We also must avoid exposing this OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum to direct sunlight or let the bottle opened, not screwed tightly because exposure to sunlight and air makes the serum oxidize faster. 
So, here comes my experience of using OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum. First of all, I am not blessed with a clear skin. I have been battling with massive acne problem since last year and I am still experiencing some huge acne at the same spot over and over again. I don't really have that much blackhead but my pores are large especially on my cheeks. 

I only use the OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum at night, before I sleep. I never mixed it with my toner as I enjoy using it on its own. It truly gave me a slight tingling sensation but that only happens if I scrub my face that day. If I don't scrub, this serum does not tingle my skin. Next effect I experienced is that, my face feels so unbearably itchy if I use Egyptian Magic Cream after this serum and toner. So, I guess EMC and OST Serum just won't work together on my skin, period. 

Before : scars are prominent, skin is dry and not plump
After : scars are less prominent, skin looks plumper and softer

After a month of usage, my skin definitely experiences some of the promises by OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum ^_^ I can say that some of my acne scars has been reduced, my skin feels a lot more revitalized than before, smoother and the brightening effect that it promises manage to make my skin tone more even than before. The serum is definitely very sticky when applied on its own. However, after I topped it with my toner and moisturizer, the stickiness is gone and I can sleep peacefully without the uneasy feeling on my face ;) I also really love the smell of this OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum, it reminds me so much of freshly peeled oranges.

So, if you are looking for a serum to lighten your scars, even out your skin tone and most of all, a supply of vitamin C for your skin, then I highly recommend you to try OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum ^_^ however, taking care of the serum is quite a fuss so you will just have to be very disciplined in keeping it at the right place. Till then!

Product Info :
OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum
30ml per bottle
Shop for it at Natta Cosme 

Natta Cosme : facebook | website | instagram 

Find me on :

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. For some reason I've always enjoyed reading your intro haha, you write so well :D you're right about the oxidisation, companies should use a dark packaging instead of a see through one so that light can't penetrate through. Anyway, nice review dear, perhaps it might be something I will look into ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Farisha for the compliment ^_^ guess my brain-cracking session in writing classes before this has paid off ;) this bottle of serum is dark but still transparent enough to see how much is left inside so we really have to store it inside a box/container/drawer with no light at all. If you wanna buy this later check at Natta Cosme first because they have marvelous discounts ;)

      Delete
  2. I totally agreed with you babe, the packaging was in korean and I was confused either this should be eaten or to be put on my face. LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahah when I read that at your blog, i laughed so hard thinking that you thought if it can be consumed XD nasib baik Mira, you are so innocently cute lah!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts