Invati™ by Aveda : Say Hello to Thicker, Fuller Hair

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Assalamualaikum and hello! When I learned that I was invited to discover Aveda's Invati™ range, I felt so delighted because Invati™ range is what I seriously need due to my hair fall problem. This was also my first time getting to know Aveda closer since I never used this brand before. I learned about Aveda through reading Fiona's blog Street-Love and I can say that it screams deluxe. 
the venue
A short intro on Aveda. It was first launched in Minneapolis, 1978 with the principle of creating plant-based products fit for both consumers and beauty professionals. Marrying modern science to Ayurvedic wisdom, Aveda successfully created high-performance top to toe products, for hair, skin and body, out of pure flower and plant essences without failure to care for the Earth. 
shoulder and neck massage with Aveda Blue Oil Balancing Concentrate to relieve stress
Hair and head mini therapy with Aveda's Invati scalp revitalizer
The Invati™ range is one of their numerous offerings, with 97% naturally derived ingredients and have been on the top selling shelve ever since it was introduced in 2012. The star ingredient of Invati™ range is turmeric, which is known as something more precious than gold in the history of Ayurvedic practices due to its uses in many healing preparations. 
Ian explaining about Invati and the Nisarga community's water problem
Aveda sourced the certified organic turmerics for Invati™ range along with Nisarga, an eco-conscious Indian firm that grows Ayurvedic herbs using organic and biodynamic agriculture. This joint forces discovered the best organic turmerics grown by the Umbari villages community and not only that, they too found out a big problem faced by the Umbari villagers, which is the lack of access to clean water that leads to another farming problem. 

In exchange of the supply of organic turmerics for their Invati™ range, Aveda helped the Umbari villagers to get a better local water supply system so that the Umbari women don't have to travel far to get a bucket of water anymore. Their plants too get benefit from this new clean water supply system and drought is not a big problem anymore. Not only that, the Umbari villagers also get to develop Kitchen Gardens at home, with educational sessions to address the villagers' problem of nutritional deficiencies. 

That being said, I finally learned that this Invati™ range by Aveda is not just a solution to thinning hair problem. It is a project that has helped a community (the Umbari villagers) to stay away from dirty water and malnutrition. It gives life to them and it serves a purpose, and it definitely empowers the local community towards self-sustaining. 

The Invati™ solutions for thinning hair line-up includes:
  • Exfoliating Shampoo (RM112 / 200ml) : removes build-up that can clog pores and renews the scalp with wintergreen-derived salicylic acid
  • Thickening Conditioner (RM112/ 200ml) : with soy protein and naturally derived amino acids mimics hair’s building blocks to help weightlessly thicken hair from within
  • Scalp Revitalizer (RM260 / 150ml) :  with ginseng and certified organic turmeric, helps you keep the hair you have longer.
Invati™ solutions for thinning hair  is available at Aveda Experience Center retail stores and Aveda Salons.

attentively listening to instructions on how to depot the rosemary plant
The activity awaited us after the introduction session was to depot rosemary plant. Remember the Kitchen Garden they taught Umbari villagers to practice? Well, this is what we (partially) learned, hehe! Rosemary is useful in cooking, as it is one of the herb ingredients for many dishes. The expert (man in black shirt, sorry I forgot his name) taught us step by step procedures on how to depot a baby plant to its own pot. 

Steps to depot rosemary :
  1. Fill in a quarter of your pot with pieces of broken pot (for draining system)
  2. Top it with soil mixture (it was prepared beforehand by the expert, from his nursery) until three quarter full
  3. Put it your rosemary plant (cut off some of its root)
  4. Top it again with soil until you nearly reach the pot's brim
  5. Scatter some fertilizer on the soil (organic, of course)
The tips that we got from our Mr.Expert about rosemary, it is quite hard to be taken care of. Rosemary can die to lack of water, and also from being excessively watered. It needs sunlight, but it cannot stand direct sunlight. So the best practice in taking care of rosemary plant is to keep it at a shady balcony or somewhere nearby an open window. It also dies from fungus infection, which is very microscopic. He told us that "if you see a tiny white dot on rosemary leaf, cut it off. There are already thousands of fungus in that tiny pinhole-sized dot". Lucky for me, mom is at home to take care of my rosemary, I won't be able to keep it alive within one month I think? hehehe~

with Yuh Jiun 
Group picture ^_^ with our rosemary pots of course XD
All in all, I really had fun during this event and I discovered more than what I expected. I fell in love with the Aveda Blue Oil Balancing Concentrate, I wanna get it soon as it really helps to make me feel relieved and calm. It's a stress-away potion! I went home and already used up the Invati™ shampoo, conditioner and scalp revitalizer and I found that my hair fall reduced since the first wash, and I am not kidding about it. Since the price is quite a 'challenge' to me, I shall have to wait till my hefty pay day comes before I can go to one of Aveda's salon or experience center to get the full sized set ^_^ Thanks a bunch to the awesome Aveda team for the meaningful event!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. whoa~ exclusivenya babe!! So lucky dapat attend event mcm ni!
    I definitely need that Scalp Revitalizer!! Hair fall mcm frequent sgt recently.. hmm
    Talk about Rosemary.. ah~ I've always wanted to learn cooking that's involving Rosemary. I don't know why, but I once saw it in drama and I was like, that's awesome!
    Abes study nnti nk explore cooking plak. hehe
    xoxo, Mira | http://lemieletlavanille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah so lucky since I was free on the date, hahaha! Nanti ada rezeki beli la scalp revitalizer tu ;)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts