2014 : A Wrap

Thursday, January 01, 2015

1. Graduated my bachelor's degree

4 years swimming in university dramas made me who I am today. I had victorious, joyous moments and also a fair share of the deepest darkest moments. I appreciate all my friends, seniors, juniors, lecturers and the staffs who made my journey a memorable and educational one. I met friends who I can proudly announce as my brothers and sisters from another mother, coz they're a keeper. I learned about how I am being useful to everyone and differentiate it with being used. I climbed out of my comfort zone, and I am going to admit that I now am a person with different way of thinking. I have to credit my lecturers for changing me from a typical minded person to a critical thinker. I still have a lot to learn, a lot more to discover and actually, my life journey just start after I graduated ;) I thank my family, especially my mom, for all the sacrifices they made to help me get through this phase.

2. Know the struggle of looking for a job
As my degree course enable me to look for jobs in various specialties, I am always open to a number of choices but it does not seem as easy as it sounds like. My dad wants me to become a teacher. He wants me to stay in Melaka to cut cost, for example, no need to pay for rent. Me being a super independent minded girl, I want to work in KL because what I am interested in is PR, social media management, and content writing/management, which is not something that can be found in Melaka. You can say that my choice is highly influenced by my experience of being a blogger as well. Jobs after jobs applied, and I never went bitching on "how hard life could be" or "why is it so hard to score a job" because whining is never my specialty, and I am the cold,hard truth type of person who does not accept bullshits when it comes to professionalism. I'll just say that I don't really have the full support of my parents when it comes to applying for a job in KL, but I'll still do my best, all out in pursuing what I want. Because in the end, it will be me leading my own life and determining my own satisfaction, my own happiness, realizing my own dreams and plans. As we all know, our parents might not agree with us today, but in the long run they will understand when we proved them that the shot was worth taken.

3. Ups and downs as a blogger
2014 is a big year for my blogging career. I joined The Butterfly Project, which I will never stop being grateful for being one of its member. I joined The Butterfly Project since its infancy days, I watch it grow and although I couldn't attend all its events due to my studies and transportation restrictions, I always feel that I am a part of something big :) Thank you Tammy for being the greatest mamasan ever, thank you SWAT team, thank you all Butterflies, for making me really feel that I belong to something so special. Apart from that, I was also given quite a number of chances by numerous hands to shine as a blogger. I would like to take this opportunity to thank every single person/organization who believed in me and my credibility as a blogger, and I'd like to humbly apologize for all my mistakes to you all and I promise that I'll find a way to mend anything wrong I did. 
with Tammy during Butterfly Christmas Dinner

4. Hospitalized : Dengue
I was in semester 4 when dengue hit me. The pain was hell, I thought I was dying, I thought I had no hope to see next daylight when the pain was at its peak. But I lived. Ten days of torture and ultimate boredom in the ward, I don't want to get dengue again. I don't want to get hospitalized again, I hate it so much when they poked me for blood test four times a day, it drained me and it was so painful. After I was discharged, that was another story to catch up with studies, tests, assignments, blog posts and everything, pheww! Thanks Ijat for saving me from a certain death the night I blacked out, if it's not for you then I guess I won't be here to write. Thanks mom for taking care of me 10 days straight in the hospital, for cooking crab soup for me to increase my platelet count, thanks friends and lecturers who prayed for my well-being. Don't ever contract dengue like I did okay? 

5. Adopted a pet cat named Bob
I never had any pet since I was small. When my family lived in JB (before the year 2000) my dad used to have a kaloi fish, and it wasn't mine to admit as a pet. I still remember the initial days when my cat Bob came to our house. He was so small, so freakin cute and I was so happy to see that I can have a cat at home. I like cats. At first we only let him inside the house to eat and play with us. Bob never got to sleep inside the house at first because mom won't allow it. So he sleeps at the shoe rack, and he loves his spot very much he won't trade it with a box. Bob grew into a big fat cat, and now he sleeps in the house, after a few series of peeing and poo-ing around various places in the house that drove my mom mad. Bob once pooped between the sleeping me and my sister. Imagine opening your eyes to a fresh pile of cat-shit? We threw the bed sheet of course. Blame my sister for giving Bob a mixture of weird things to eat, the cat had diarrhea in our bedroom. Now Bob is a trained cat, he never pee or poo inside the house anymore but he is not toilet trained either. If he wants to go out, he will sit in front of the main door until somebody lets him out. If nobody realizes that he's there, he will start meowing. When Bob was small he eats cat food without qualm, now he only wants fried fish and will only eat his cat food if he's done waiting for his fish. I made him Insta-famous too among my friends, and sometimes it seems like my Instagram belongs to a cat rather than a beauty blogger. Hehehe

Well, those are the 5 things that gave a big impact in my life in 2014. Hello 2015, guide me to become a better person inside out, and to you all, happy new year! Thanks for reading ;)

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. A good start for you Mieza in 2015. Kakak always wish you all the best. I am very proud to have a young independent and high vision sister like you Mieza. Keep it up!

    *bob lelebih eh! cubit perut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much kak Innanie, I love you so much! I also pray that we all will achieve our dreams and plans in 2015. I believe that we are all superwomen and we can do it!

      *bob memang, bila masa dia low profile XD

      Delete
  2. i like this post..perhaps i should do the same too..somehow akk pun sama..i really don't like complaining about my life..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kakak ^_^ yeah we actually gets nothing by complaining about our own life. if we think it is miserable/not what we want then we ourselves should be the change ;)

      Delete
  3. Happy new year mieza! InshaAllah, good things will come to you babe. All you need is patience... Bob comel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year Anis! Thank you, doakan Mieza berjaya tau in my future undertakings :)

      Tengok tu, Bob jugak dapat spotlight XD

      Delete
  4. May you have a better year ahead! Aminn :) Really hope i can get to know you better in the future :) :)

    sincerely,
    Najlaa 'Aqilah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. insyaAllah, thank you Najlaa ^_^ I pray the best for you too okay? I hope we can meet somewhere near future, it must be fun!

      Delete
  5. Hi Mieza, happy new year! Say hi to Bob :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you Miezaaa! Banyak kenangan 2014 kann? Harap 2015 lagi gempak!

    Insya Allah. Aminn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Scha <3 yeah, 2014 memang macam-macam ada, among my big year. InsyaAllah I'll make 2015 bigger ;)

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year, Mieza! It was so great to know you in 2014, although it was the last month of 2014 but I'm looking forward to see you more and know you more in 2015, insyaAllah! May all your dreams come true, sweetie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Ayeen, I seriously cannot stop thinking that you're a senior, you just have the aura!! InsyaAllah I also hope to see more of you in 2015, may this new year brings the best for all of us :)

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year 2015, Mieza. Good Luck for 2015. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year 2015 puteri ^_^ may 2015 brings the best for us!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts