Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Pen Liner Review (Updated)

Sunday, January 04, 2015

Assalamualaikum and hello! This review was supposed to get itself published a long time ago but I missed it after I finished editing the pictures, my bad. I'm terribly sorry if I promised anyone who were keen to see the comparison between this Maybelline Lasting Drama Pen Gel Liner with Benefit Push Up Liner, both of them are very interesting and I will tell you at the end of this post :)

I bought this Maybelline Lasting Drama Pen Gel Liner from Luxola but I'm sorry to announce that you can't get it there anymore now, since Luxola stopped selling Maybelline products already. I don't know why Maybelline Malaysia is not selling this eyeliner here, but it is available in Singapore if you are interested to get it later. As I have been using this Maybelline Lasting Drama Pen Gel Liner for a good few months, I am now ready to tell everything I found about it. I am so glad to have this eyeliner in my stash and I kinda regret not buying 2 or 3 of it. I don't like using gel liners with brush as I found that it is too much hassle to clean the separate brush.

This Maybelline Lasting Drama Pen Gel Liner comes in a pen form, and the gel is dispensable by twisting the end of the pen, just like the concept of Benefit Push Up Liner. Its tip is grey in colour and can be cleaned with wet wipes after use, coz it will get smudged by the black gel. It also comes with a stopper to prevent gel drying/leaking but I threw it away already, and the gel inside is working just fine because I never left it uncapped. The writing printed on this eyeliner's body is not permanent, which irritates me. I don't like seeing my makeup items lost its name/brand print but this one is unavoidable. See how much I love it and how frequent I have been using it until the print disappears ;)





Now let me tell you why I love this eyeliner so much. First of all, the gel is as dark as the darkest night. It gives me the ultimate jet black I want in a black eyeliner, it dries matte and there is no glitter in it. Next, it does not dry in a jiffy which is perfect as most of the time, I need to repair something when both eyes drawing are not balanced. Don't dream of this if you're using Benefit Push Up Liner, that one dries in a blink and you'll be in trouble to correct any flaws. Third, this eyeliner stays perfectly till the end of the day as most of the time I properly prime my eyes and top it with powder when the gel dries, so no matter the weather I braved my eyeliner does not smudge or disappear. It is also fairly easy to remove with water based or oil makeup remover at the end of the day, no scrubbing needed. The tip of this eyeliner is something else, where there is one thing I like and one thing I don't really like about it. What I like is, the shape of this tip allows me to draw nicely especially for cat eyes flick. The not so pleasant thing about it is, I found the material used for the tip is a little too hard to my delicate eyelids, it made my eyelids itch. 

I am sorry I don't have swatches as I am camera-less now. These pictures were taken a few months ago when I just received my purchase and at that time there was a camera. I will try my best to update this post with swatches soon! However you can look for swatches at these blogs : British Beauty Addict || Beautyholics Anonymous || Beautifulbuns ||


So I think that's all for now :) If you ask me to compare Maybelline Lasting Drama Pen Gel Liner with Benefit Push Up Liner, I definitely vote for this one because it is easier to use and it is a lot cheaper, like half the price of Benefit Push Up Liner. I have them both that's why I can compare ^_^ This eyeliner is sold in the UK but with a different name and different cap colour, so if we Malaysians want to get this eyeliner the only way I see it now is to buy when you visit Singapore or UK, or you can try asking your friends there to help you buy :) I hope Maybelline Malaysia will consider bringing Lasting Drama Pen Gel Liner to our shore because it is a good product to invest in. Till then!

****UPDATE****
Hi guys! Here's an update on the swatches of this eyeliner plus how it looks on me. Forgive me if the quality of these pics is not top notch, these new pics were only taken using a phone's camera, it's all I can afford for now. Hope it helps! 

  • The eyeliner dries to a matte, non-glossy finish
  • Once it dries, it won't budge until you remove it
  • A bit of transfer might happen on very oily eyelids, without primer and not topped with powder
  • I advise you to use a very good oil-based makeup remover for this eyeliner. I tried using the legendary Biore Makeup Removing Wipes but it's hard to dissolve the eyeliner between my top lashes
  • Very easy to draw thick line or cat-eye liner (like I did in the collage below)
  • The gel is very easy to spread and to draw
  • Only a tiny droplet of gel is needed for a thick winged line ;)


Product Info :
Maybelline Lasting Drama Pen Gel Liner
not available in Malaysia
can be considered as an excellent, cheaper dupe to Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner

Disclaimer : Product was bought using my own money, I am not paid to write this and my review is 100% honestly based on my own opinions as a buyer and user. 

Find me on :
|| Facebook || Instagram || Google+ || Ask.fm || 

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. I like the part where it does not dry as fast..good review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading sis ^_^ i love that particular point coz it makes life easier when i need to repair the drawing, hehe!

      Delete
  2. Since you mentioned UK, I went straight to Asos. Hahaha. 9 pounds ohhh. Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner Pen

    Hana Blurbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Converted to RM is RM49.00 which is obviously cheaper than Benefit :p My brother lives in the UK now, I'm gonna ask him to buy for me XD

      Delete
    2. oh bugger, i mistakenly deleted your latest comment! Yeah I just checked, UK only. pfffttt~

      Delete
  3. didn't know Maybelline ada pen gel liner jugak! why la Malaysia takdeeee whyyyy T_T 'cos i loveeee this pen concept and benefit push up liner is freaking expensive. i'm in no way gonna repurchase that haha

    sincerely,
    Najlaa 'Aqilah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to Asos and buy from them, hehe! this pen eyeliner is seriously awesome ^_^

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is not hard, it is quite elastic/bendable/gummy but to my skin I wish it is as soft as Benefit's XD

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to try push up liner but never got around to getting it. this is a great and cheaper alternative!! too bad it's not available here gggrrr...been wanting to try this type of liner coz my eyeliner skills are non existent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're getting the push up liner then i'm telling you, "quick" must be your middle name coz that fella dries up in a few seconds so kalau silap lukis it will be azab nak repair/padam balik XD thats why I prefer this one much better, it is friendly!

      Delete
  6. I wish you'd shown how it looked like on your eyes. But sounds like a good product for cat eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry dear, my bad for not taking pictures while using it. I will try my best to update it as soon as possible okay ^_^ thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. Nice new blog layout. Love it!

    You reminded me to use mine hehe. I like it too. Would love it even more if my crease line is not so near my eyelash LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks for the compliment Fiona ^_^

      Yeah I saw that you got it as well right ;) If your crease line is so near, then my eyes pulak the other one looks more sepet, like not balanced one XD and it is so obvious when i wear thick eyeliners esp when taking pictures LOL.

      Delete
  8. I wondering why Maybelline Malaysia always late in launching comparing with other countries. Even Thailand, Singapore or Philippine were faster than Malaysia. :(

    Anyway, wanted to try this. :) Want to do comparising between the Benefit and this one together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am always wondering the same too, sometimes it seems like we'll have the same thing for 1-2 years then only they'll bring something really new (which has been in other countries for so long).

      If I can find the time, I will definitely do the comparison post between these two ^_^

      Delete
  9. Kenapa takde kat Malaysiaa? Suka yang benefit punya tapi mahal nokks. rm100. Bilalah nak datang kat melesiaa ni haaaa T___T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mieza penah tanya Maybelline Malaysia tapi takde jawapan XD benefit tu mmg takkan mieza beli lah, keterlaluan harga dia. nasib baik rezeki dapat free sbb hadiah giveaway.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts