Maybelline Magnum Barbie Mascara Review

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Assalamualaikum and hello! Mascara talk is tricky because they all look good on ads and some turned out to be partially disappointing when you wear it XD i'm a loyal fan of Maybelline mascaras because they always came out with the best, seriously their wands are always magical. So when I saw the ad that uses Gigi Hadid for their Magnum Barbie Mascara I instantly told myself that I need to give this one a try. So I did.


The mascara is named Magnum Barbie because Maybelline said it will give you a fluffy doll-like lashes. As a person who hates eyelash curler (I'm so getting cursed by saying this but yeah, I dont use eyelash curlers. Tried and I didn't like it haha) I was so excited to see how this mascara fares on my lashes. I have naturally long lashes but it's not always perfectly curved so that's why mascaras exist I guess? Hehe! This Magnum Barbie mascara appears like most mascaras from Maybelline, nothing special about the packaging but I love its colour combination of yellow and metallic pink, it's so striking and fun!


As you can see in the picture below, that's how the wand looks like. It's actually quite curvy but the picture angle doesn't show it. Upon trying the mascara for a good few times, I kinda have a mixed review on this one. More like a love-hate relationship and I'm still working on how to love it because I hate hating products XD


Okay first of all, this mascara has a thick formulation. Apply more than two coats and say hello to clumpy, heavy-feeling lashes. Nope, not cool. 

Secondly, this mascara melts and it left me with raccoon eyes. I only wore it on my top lashes and it seems like this one cannot stand Malaysian weather or it's just wrong on me. I did not even rub my eyes or splash my face with water when using this mascara, it just melts and stain my under eye real bad. Sad.

Now it's time for the good points. Thirdly, this Magnum Barbie mascara really does what it claims. I found that it curls my lashes well and the curl stays throughout the day, what a bae! I wish it does not melt, I looked so horrible when I realized how bad it stained my under eyes (T_T)

Fourth point, this Magnum Barbie mascara is really jet black in colour, it makes my lashes stand out so well and for those with sparsely thin lashes, this one might be your cure. I also found that this Magnum Barbie mascara is kinda tough to remove by just using a cotton pad drenched with micellar water, you will need oil-based eye makeup remover to perfectly remove it by the end of the day.

Overall, I rate this Magnum Barbie as an "okay" mascara. I won't repurchase if I couldn't fix the melting problem though. I honestly love mascaras from Maybelline as I have tried quite a number from them so maybe this time I kinda hit a bump but that's okay, it's still workable :) 

Have you tried this Magnum Barbie mascara? Do you like it?

Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts