Word Choice : Your and You're

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Assalamualaikum and hello!

Here is another simple English class in continuation of my first Word Choice series. I hope everyone has finally decided whether to bare themselves or not ;)

Lately, I kept seeing people replying a gratitude comment with YOUR WELCOME. This is very wrong, take note my fellow Malaysians. Here's how you should say it :

"Thanks for helping me!"
"Your welcome babe, small matter!"
absobloodylutely WRONG. What is your welcome anyway? Care to explain?

YOUR means "it belongs to you". 
For example : is this YOUR pen?

instead, the right way is :

"Thank you so much for your assistance"
"You're welcome"
You're is another way of saying YOU ARE. That apostrophe is not there as an accessory.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. sometime i really confuse which one is right but i think i always use you're. Thanks for the clarification!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when in doubt, you can always ask me Anis, I'll be more than happy to help ^_^ you're welcome babe, glad this post helps!

      Delete
  2. haha. annoying kan sometimes especially now that we're more into text things. kalau cakap tak prasan pun different pronounciaton

    sincerely,
    Najlaa 'Aqilah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts