Review : Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel SPF30/PA++

Friday, April 18, 2014


Assalamualaikum and hello!

I'm back with another review today ^_^ I received this Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel SPF30/PA++ from the launching event I attended earlier. I have been giving this product a test for more than 1 month and I shall spill the results now to you all. Is this product worth buying or not? As you all might recognize from its name, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel is some kind of a moisturizing gel with SPF30/PA++ so it is definitely a 2-in-1 product, moisturizing and protecting our skin from the harmful rays at the same time. I always feel safer if my sunscreen product has SPF50, which is why I have been sticking with separate sunscreen all these while for my face. I was told by a Neutrogena's representative during the event that this product is targeted for working women who are always in the office hence the SPF30 and moisturizing property since staying too long in the air-conditioned room can dehydrate our skin. 

The product came in a slim plastic bottle with 40ml size. The bottle is quite sturdy, so no worries of cracking it unless it fell to the ground from high place. It has a clear plastic cap, with a pump nozzle. One pump is usually enough to cover your whole face. The thing I love about having pump nozzle is that it will definitely be more hygienic than scooping out the product with your fingers. The amount used can also be controlled with the pump, so it minimizes the chance of users spilling the product. 
Coming to the product itself. Upon pumped out, the gel is blue in colour and it went colourless when spread on skin. It's texture is like thin gel, since it is water based it does not feel heavy or greasy on skin. It has a pleasant smell that I really love which is not too strong and it doesn't linger for long either. The gel gives instant cooling effect on skin for a few seconds. Based on my experience of wearing it, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel SPF30/PA++ gives my skin the needed moisturization and my skin doesn't feel dry or tight throughout the day. I work in a fully air-conditioned office for 8 hours daily so this gel so far worked well to keep my skin moisturized. However, my skin tend to feel a bit greasy after 4 hours so I need to blot to avoid my face looking shinier than what I'm supposed to be :p

As for the sun protection factor, this product does a decent job as my skin does not feel 'burned' when I was walking to work at 9.30am. However, after lunch, I usually wash my face (for ablution) and reapply again. I also believe the perspiration on my face upon walking under the scorching sun to the stall for lunch have washed away whatever sun protection I have on. The good point is, whenever I have this on, my skin does not sting when exposed to direct sunlight. 
info about the product and the direction of use
ingredients list for your perusal
Above all, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel SPF30/PA++ is a decent moisturizer and sun protection gel to be used. I really love the fact that it hydrates my skin well, makes my cheeks feel soft and bouncy at the same time and has a pleasant smell. The sun protection factor is sufficient for medium sunlight exposure, but if you're sweating buckets after wearing Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel SPF30/PA++ then I think it is best to reapply.


What is your favourite moisturizer and sunscreen? Do you prefer 2 in 1 products like this?
Share with me!

Find me on :

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. good review... :)

    i love 2 in 1 products...

    http://www.lyzafisol.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sis lyza ^_^ 2 in 1 products can be a saviour when we need something fast!

      Delete
  2. I have no sunscreen. Haha. Moisturisers for now..... I don't have one to my liking yet. Still searching for the perfect one for my skin :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. find a good sunscreen la darling, the rays are now more dangerous than before

      Delete
  3. Definitely prefer 2 in 1! Quick and easy. Gotta try this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tell me what you think when you've tried this okay? i personally love the scent and how it helps my skin stay moisturized and bouncy, hehe

      Delete
  4. is the product is the same as the one in pack in tub?am bit confused..how is it so far with the product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi dear :) it is not the same as in the tub. the one in the tub is only gel moisturizer which function is only to moisturize and hydrate skin. this one pulak the new moisturizer with SPF so it is more suitable to be used during the day if you are exposed to sunlight. yang dalam tub tu takde SPF so you need to wear different layer of sunblock if you use that during the day :)

      Delete
  5. thanks for the reply..that really helps..one more thing,where to find the product?been looking for it at watson n guardian but apparently,not in stock..the sales girl siap kata x keluar lagi the product..am grateful for your help..thanks again and happy fasting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome dear :) eh, kenapa pula salesgirl kata tak keluar lagi =_='' i dah jumpa kat banyak watsons and guardians jual produk ni. you cari kat area mana? kadang2 staff drugstore tak tau pun pasal stock. SA brand je yang tau but diorg bukan all the time ada kat watsons or guardian, diorg rotate location. produk ni dah keluar since i pergi event product launching dia. good luck ea cari, and happy fasting to you too ^_^

      Delete
  6. tu la pelik gak when the girl said is not out yet..I cari kat northern are, penang to be exact..xpe2..at least i know it is available..thanks again ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. finally found it!!!!sj nak share :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts