Miss Hana Waterproof Gel Eyeliner [Review]

Saturday, April 05, 2014

Assalamualaikum and hello! Are you an eyeliner freak like me? If you are, then you definitely must stay with me till the end of this post :) I am a huge eyeliner fan, and I always have them lining my eyes no matter how late I already am. I started with black eyeliners when I was about 16 years old, and until recently I tried brown eyeliner and heyy, it is awesome! Now thanks to Natta Cosme, my eyeliner collection has welcomed another 2 new eyeliners from Miss Hana, named Miss Hana Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in 01 Night Black and 03 Choco Brown. Lets see how good they are, shall we?
 I have been giving Miss Hana Waterproof Gel Eyeliner a number of tries in the past 2 weeks. First, let’s talk about the eyeliner’s feature itself. As you can see here, this eyeliner is a pencil type and need to be sharpened. The only drawback of this type of eyeliner is that sharpening it can be quite messy and if you had dropped them for a few times, there is a probability that the lead inside is broken and create another mess when sharpening.
Miss Hana Waterproof Gel Eyeliner has a black, semi-transparent plastic cap.  Being a non-retractable pencil liner, sometimes we cannot avoid the clumsiness of getting the eyeliner stuck on the cap and creating another mess on the inside of the cap and along the eyeliner’s body.

My first try on Miss Hana Waterproof Gel Eyeliner was solely lining it on my eyelids without an eye primer beneath, I only wore a thin layer of BB Cream on my face that day. It was a hot day, I sweated a lot due to walking in the sun and at the end of the day, the black eyeliner smudged and transferred to my crease. The brown eyeliner I wore on my waterline also melted and faded entirely, leaving only a small trace of brown by 7pm. I was not satisfied, as many others seemed to not have any smudge or transfer problem with it.  
Then I tried it again. I first wore Etude House Baby Choux all over my face as a base, followed with a layer of Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, and then I proceeded with Miss Hana Waterproof Gel Eyeliner (black) on my eyelids and waterline. The repeated mistake I did was blinking my eyes too fast upon lining it as the eyeliner colour transferred onto my crease in an instant. After lining, I patted loose powder on both lines. By this method, the colour does not budge or transfer the entire day, it just faded a tiny bit, like 15% less black than the beginning.
About removing this eyeliner, here’s another funny story. When I first swatched it on the back on my hands, I rubbed it with cream makeup remover using my fingers. It does not budge. I took a piece of cotton pad, swiped it with cream makeup remover 3 times, and everything was removed. During my second trial where it smudged and transferred like a disaster, water can’t remove it but with a cleansing wipe, it was a breeze. The third time I tried it with proper base, it removed easily with water when I washed my face for ablution before I pray. Magic enough? I think this eyeliner has its own mind when I use it, hehe! Don’t worry, it is easily removed with proper makeup remover or cleansing wipe. Just make sure you don’t rub or tug on your eye too hard as the skin is delicate and we don’t want to hurt our eyes.
Overall, I think Miss Hana Waterproof Gel Eyeliner is an excellent eyeliner provided we use a good base before putting it on, especially if you have super oily skin like me and you’re always out under the sun. I have read lots of other reviews from my blogger friends, none of them are having problem with this eyeliner so if you wanna invest for a good eyeliner, Miss Hana Waterproof Gel Eyeliner is a must have.

EXCLUSIVE FOR MY READERS ^_^

Use code "MISSHANA" upon checkout 
when buying Miss Hana Waterproof Gel Eyeliner (any colour)
from Natta Cosme to get RM5 off your purchase!
Valid till 15th May 2014

Visit Natta Cosme (click) :

Find me on :

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. macam wont work on oily eye skin...mmmpphh still thinking want to buy or not..i have many eyeliner still havem finish some not yet open!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it works cuma as I said, kena pakai base (either primer, foundation or bb cream) then set with loose powder. i have finalized pakai that way, it stays ^_^ and my lids are super oily. just need a good base and it is good to go ^_^

      Delete
    2. okay wait till i see great offer then i will puchase this!

      Delete
  2. Hmm... I'm not sure with the super oily eye skin though. I applied it and went USS the whole day (sweat + splashing water + sweat really a lot), at the end of the day, it did not smudge tremendously as I thought XD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe it was just my skin XD now i'm happy with this eyeliner, it works well ^_^

      Delete
  3. Hmm.. Such dilemma whether to purchase or not..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi babe ^_^ maybe you can just try one first? choose the colour that you'll most likely wear daily and see if it fits to your liking or not. If it doesn't, you can just pass it to your mom, sister or friend ;) that way it wont go to waste :D

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts