Review : Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Assalamualaikum and hello! This will be the post that might clear some people's mind about getting a makeup setting spray ;) As I mentioned in my previous Sephora haul [link here] I have bought a travel size of Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray. I actually wanted the All Nighter setting spray but it was out of stock and so, the SA suggested me to try De-Slick. I bought it. As a person with oily skin, it has been quite a quest to find something that can really live up to its promise of helping me to get shine-free face. Be it moisturizers, foundation, or setting spray. Before getting this De-Slick makeup setting spray, I relied heavily on Avene Thermal Spring Water and it works just fine in setting my makeup, but no oil control properties. Well let's get to know Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray better shall we?
The one I got was a travel sized item. It contains 30ml of products and the packaging was said to be new [refer to Fiona's post]. The bottle surface is matte, I just love the surface I don't know why but the bad thing I discovered about it is that, it collects prints. I always have my fingers dirtied by the eyeshadows whenever I wear makeup and when I took hold of this spray, the white bottle will instantly have blotches of colours here and there, so I always had to clean it later. 
This travel sized bottle of Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray is very slim and small, so you definitely won't have trouble to throw it in your handbag. It can even fit in your pocket (for people who can't live without it) if you're not wearing something so damn tight like sarung nangka :p Another thoughtful innovation by Urban Decay on this product is to provide it with double caps. The outer cap is the big one in grey colour. When you take it off, there is another smaller transparent cap protecting the spray nozzle. So, if you lose one cap you'll still have another one. The transparent cap is quite tight to remove as there are circular rings on the cap and the bottle to ensure it does not get off easily. Having two caps can prevent the product from leaking inside the jumbled mess of one's bag I suppose ;)
Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray claims to be oil-free, paraben-free and equipped with temperature control technology. On the box, it is written that De-Slick is a type of weightless mist to control oil, deflect surface shine and keep skin looking beautifully matte. It contains high-tech ingredients to ensure your foundation, shadow and blush stays flawlessly put till you remove it. No smudging, sliding or fading they say, no need to touch up. Ohh, can we trust it to successfully deliver all its promises?
I have tried this De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray for quite some time already and I have a number of results. Firstly, please bear in mind that I only used it after I finished doing full makeup on my face. I sprayed the mist entirely on my face with a zigzag motion. I did not follow what's written on the bottle as I think it will be too much for my small face. The product came with an instruction to spray it on your face in a "T" and "X" formation. The mist was fine but a lot came out in one spray. My bottle is not able to produce long sprays like Avene Thermal Spring Water, instead each sprays came out short and heavy. You cannot expect the mist to come out forever like Avene's as long as you press the nozzle. 
*click on picture*
So the result of using De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray for me is, my face still gets oily after 2 hours. Yes, it does not help at all in curbing shine. However, the good thing is, my makeup stays put even though after blotting, it always look as good as new. No smudging, no creasing, no melting. It does not matter whether I use it during the day under the sun or at night and indoors, I get the normal rate of oily face after 2 or 2.5 hours. Maybe our tropical weather is something that this De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray cannot withstand? I don't know. However, I found a video review [ this video ] where this lady told that we should find various ways to test this De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray until it works as promised, to keep shine at bay. I will try spraying De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray after primer, continue my makeup, and spray it again later and I will update if there is a change. Thank you for reading, and leave me your thoughts about makeup setting sprays!
*click on picture*
Product Name : Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray (for oily skin)
Price : RM45.00
Quantity/size : 30ml/travel size
Where to get : Sephora

*product was bought by my own money, I'm not affiliated with the brand and review is 100% based on my own experience*

Have you tried Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray? What is your favourite makeup setting spray?

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. This product gives me a chill lol. It doesn't even hold my makeup. Probably my skin too oily. I'm hugging my MUFE Mist & Fix :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay Fiona, you've found your makeup setting spray true love, MUFE. hehe! I wanna try Mist & Fix as well someday ;)

      Delete
  2. Funny, but never thought of having any makeup setting spray...but since seeing this entry mcm terpengaruh nk beli...harga pun not bad..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Err, cuba beli yang All Nighter punya setting spray :) I actually wanted that one, not De-Slick. hehe

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your honest review! I haven't tried this one yet. But usually, I use my Avene thermal water as a makeup setting :D

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Avene as well since forever, they're great ^_^

      Delete
  4. Teringin nak beli setting spray ni since forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kalau kulit kau berminyak, yg ni tak work pun nad. better invest more and buy MUFE punya.

      Delete
  5. Have not try but have been in my wishlist for so longg.. Will get this if I have the chance! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope whatever spray you beli nanti, it will worth the investment ^_^ if it doesnt work like on my oily skin, i hope you can benefit it in other ways!

      Delete
  6. Pika tak pernah try urban decay makeup setting spray..
    macam menarik jaaa..nanti nak cuba lahh..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nnt Pika check la kat Sephora kalau x silap Mieza, ada banyak variant :)

      Delete
  7. I bought the All Nighter Spray. Frustrated! Berminyak sangat2. My skin is better without setting spray. Until now I really not into setting spray. I spray it on my eyeshadow brush je. hehe. for better pigmentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at least ada jugak la guna dia drpd useless 100% kan, hehe! I guess daripada beli setting spray yg not working, better cari foundation yg tak berminyak :)

      Delete
  8. Tried this one too and agree, it does not keep the shine away. Some goes to Smashbox photofinish light primer, did nothing to control the shine :( Disappointed hm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, maybe you can use it like Izzati, to wet the brushes for a more pigmented colour outcome for eyeshadows :) Maybe you should check out Fiona from Street-Love punya review about MUFE spray. she said it's good ^_^

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts