A Day In Kuala Lumpur : What I Hauled and Redeemed

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Assalamualaikum and hello ^_^ I spent my day yesterday in Kuala Lumpur, hoping to do some raya shopping but fasting took a toll on me so yeah, it became a short trip XD i actually have been planning to go to KL because I  have a voucher to redeem at Shizens before 31st July. God hears my thoughts and then when an event invite came along, I decided to attend and then take the opportunity to spend my day in KL. It was pretty awesome because I gotta use my Uber credits and got myself a private driver service to ferry me to the event venue and then another one back to KL when I left the venue, yeay! I really wish that I can forever use Uber service after this because I am tired of being cheated by taxi drivers, got into a taxi where the driver is smoking so heavily, met "gatal" taxi drivers, or got into a very stinky taxi. Please don't get me wrong, not all Malaysian taxi drivers are unethical but I just wish all of them are law-abiding. Back to my story :p So the event I attended yesterday was for the introduction of L'oreal Mat Magique powder and lipstick. Further story will be elaborated in a separate blog post, but I do love how the powder and lipstick performed on me ;)
After the event ended, I went to Pavillion and visited Shizens outlet to redeem my RM200 cash voucher that I won from The Butterfly Project x Shizens blogging contest. At first I wanted to get the cleansing balm but the total would be pricier than what I rather afford (I still haven't got a stable income yet) so I settled for their Silky Renewal Gel (recommended by my friend Iza) and the Lip Painter which have been in my wishlist after I tried it at a Shizens roadshow in Mid Valley ^_^ the Silky Renewal Gel is RM138 per 50ml and the Lip Painter is RM118 per tube, containing a serum and a gloss. 
I then visited Times bookstore which is nearby Shizens. I seriously cannot pass by a bookstore without visiting it first, even though I am not buying any books. I have tons of unread books at home and my aim is transfixed to waiting for my favourite novel series Throne of Glass to launch its third installment, Heir of Fire (the fourth book, however) this September. This is my second time browsing through the aisles and shelves at Times bookstore Pavillion and I cannot seem to forget this brown bracelet, so I bought it, hehe! I am not an accessories-wearing girl but if I were given a choice, this type is what I'd pick. The leather-like bracelet is RM6.90 and the floral masking tape is RM5.90 each. I wonder why I took that masking tape. I don't have any arts project at the moment, I just love the design on this tape ;) 
I must admit, I then visited Sephora because I am truly ready to part ways with my money XD this babe has been on my wish list for quite some time when I saw Paris B sharing about her cleansing balm addiction on her blog Mywomenstuff. I then made a research on the most preferred cleansing balm, and I found that many raves on Clinique Take The Day Off cleansing balm. The price is RM120 for 125ml and I am telling you, this thing is hugeee! I don't know how long will I take to finish this since I am not wearing makeup everyday for now, hahaha XD i am truly happy to get this and I will review it extensively soon after I had a fair share of time experimenting with it :) this is my first cleansing balm and I hope it won't disappoint me!
Lastly, I got myself a pack of Miacare Acne Patch for Night because I just love acne patches so much. It is the easiest acne treatment I can rely on even though not all the time it work wonders on me. Have you visited my post on my favourite acne treatments? I found that between Miacare and Nexcare, the latter is easier to peel off and gets peeled off when I was sleeping but Miacare will never budge from my skin and it is tough for me to take it off as I don't have long nails. However, both brands work on my skin although not 100% promising. I just need to have this :)

Well, I guess that's all for now :) I will be back with more informative blog posts and I hope you guys won't stop reading! Love you and take care ^_^ If you have anything to ask/request, just drop me a comment okay?

What do you think of my hauls? 
Mind to share your recent hauls with me?

Find me on :

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. The cleansing balm looks interesting! Let me know how u feel about it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure do Kak Sabby ^_^ i cannot wait to experiment and share it here!

      Delete
  2. Bestnyeee your dayyy...mesti puas hati bejalan....i love miacare compared to nexcare...tp mak aiii...payahnye nk cr miacare punye patch....nexcare kalau lasak2 mesti hilang bgon tido...huhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sama lah, Miacare xkn tanggal tp susah betui nak dapat. Nexcare pulak mudah je nak beli tapi kita oily skin pehh senang tanggal.

      Delete
  3. errrr i think cleansing balm not my cup of tea... hehe... i feel bit too heavy for my skin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your skin dont love it then better stick to wipes, cleansing water any other methods you're comfortable with ;)

      Delete
  4. Nice haul you have there Mieza, I didn't know they've made Clinique Cleansing balm available here. I shall wait till my Cleanser finishes, and will purchase this next. Will put it in my Pinterest wishlist for now. Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cleansing balm has arrived here in May I think, I'm not quite sure too coz when i did my research by reading US/UK blogs, it is still not available here. Then i saw it reviewed on MWS barulah tau Malaysia dah jual :D hopefully it will work well!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. kalau nak beri gift kat mak, wife and kakak ke adik perempuan ke, bolehlah usha sini ^_^

      Delete
  6. Cleansing balm seems interesting hahaha XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i just jumped into the cleansing balm bandwagon after years of using cleansing water and wipes. hopefully this will be a good change, hehe!

      Delete
  7. The Silky Renewal Gel is awesome!!!! I'm using it now, and it's really great! The Lip Painter also :D it lasts a long time, and I usually use them for events, that way I don't have to always replenish my lips with lipstick cos it has original colour already :p Please review the Cleansing Balm ya.....Thinking if I should get it too or not :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeayy thank you Choulyin for making me feel that I purchased the right products, hehe! okay sure, I will use the Clinique cleansing balm and share with you all on how it fares ^_^

      Delete
  8. Love the haul! Can't wait for your reviews, especially on the cleansing balm. I've been eyeing it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked forlornly at the LE Tarte Rainforest palette that you bought XD i wanted it but I guess it is not a priority yet for me, and my pocket tak cukup tebal jugak kalau nak beli. hehe

      Delete
  9. gosh, great haul! im intrigued with the clinique cleansing balm! review it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. InsyaAllah dear, I am planning to review it as well ^_^

      Delete
  10. omg nakkkkkkkkk cleansing balm !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Salam dear. What a great day you had. I've never seen Miacare Acne Patch before. Will definitely try to check it out the next time I'm at Watsons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam sis :) thank you for visiting ^_^ Miacare memang a bit difficult to find, i saw a pattern that not all Watsons have it on their shelves. Good luck in finding one!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts