Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Range Review

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Assalamualaikum and hello! Ever since I started using skincare, which was at the age of fourteen, I always thought that since I have super-oily skin, I won't need a moisturizer. That mentality developed because I tried using a set of cleanser, toner and moisturizer from a famous drugstore brand here and guess what? It's moisturizer made my skin a lot more oilier faster than normal rate before I used it. From then on, I always thought I don't need moisturizer till I learned a couple of years later that my perception is wrong. I then tried quite a few other brands with products targeted for oily skin but still, nothing helped till I met Kiehl's. Thanks to The Butterfly Project Malaysia, I was introduced to the three essential products from Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free range. The cleanser, toner and gel cream is like a dream come true for me as my oily, shiny skin needs something potent yet gentle to take the oiliness away but at the same time keeps my skin healthily hydrated. The secret? Well, this awesome Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free range contains a superpower ingredient called Imperata Cylindrica Root extract and Antarcticine that allows the Ultra Facial Oil-Free range to retain 24 hours hydration to enable users have a healthy oil-free skin. Do you know that most of the time, your skin is oily because it is dehydrated? Yes. Don't be shocked, because when the skin lacks of moisture, our biology will work on producing oil to moisten the skin surface, thus we complain that we have oily skin. 
Let us get to know with the cleanser first shall we? Housed in a pretty transparent blue tube, this Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser comes out very thick and creamy. Hence, my small face only needs a small amount of this or else I will get an over-foamy face while cleansing, hehe! The lather is very rich, which surprises me but I really love it because it gives the feeling that I am really cleansing my face :p well that is just my psycho tactic okay! I have been using this Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser for more than a month now and I am glad to say that it never gives me any breakouts and it does not hurt my skin in any way. My skin feels very clean upon using this Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser but sometimes it gives me a tight-skin feeling after use. 
Next up is the toner, which is among my favourite toner now ^_^ this Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner comes with a hydrating formula to hydrate and freshen skin as mentioned by Kiehl's. This toner is alcohol-free, paraben-free, silicone-free, fragrance-free and oil-free (of course it is!). Some toners gave me a tingling sensation but definitely not this awesome Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner. I use it after cleansing by pouring several drops on the cotton pad and wipe it all over my face. I love this toner because it makes my skin feel very fresh as if I were given an "awake spell", hehe! There is a smell on this toner which I don't know how to say but it is not abusive to my nose so yeah, no problem ;) This Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner is very watery but it sinks very fast into my skin so I don't need to wait or fan my face to let it dry. 
Now lets meet with the star product of Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free range, which is the gel cream!! This is my absolute favourite as it definitely cured my woes on oily moisturizers. By God I swear that this Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream really helps my skin combat excessive oiliness and at the same time it makes my skin feel supple and hydrated ^_^ I definitely cannot ask for more because this product is really excellent on my skin. My face usually turns oily after 2 to 3 hours but this Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream makes my skin look better far longer before I sense it getting slightly oily. Imperata Cylindrica Root extract, Antarcticine and Vitamin E are among the power ingredients of this gel cream which allows our skin to retain moisture throughout the day. Now who does not want a fresh appearance, smooth and healthy looking skin glowing throughout the day? I want it! 
Well, I guess now you all have understood why I really love the cleanser, toner and gel cream from Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free range. I declare that my skin now definitely looks better because of this shine-killer range. I can absolutely feel that my skin is healthily protected and hydrated with this range on, shine is reduced and well, I never felt this happy for ages! I hope that if you are in need of an oil-free range of skincare that promises 24 hours hydration, look no other way than Kiehl's because this Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free range has proven to me that it delivers what it promises to keep skin hydrated and shine off the bay!

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser (150ml) : RM 70
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner (250ml) : RM 70
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream (50ml) : RM 100

Kiehl's Malaysia : Facebook | Website | Instagram
The Butterfly Project Malaysia : Facebook | Website | Instagram

Have you tried anything from Kiehl's? Care to suggest?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. the price is affordable la juga <3 need to visit their outlet soon
    Miss Ika's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely affordable sebab based on my experience of using it, nampak memang tahan lama ^_^ value over money.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the gel cream too. It's one of the best moisturisers on the market for those of us who have oily skin. Too many products claim to work but they just dehydrate the skin so you get oily faster >:{

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. high five to your comment! this is the first time i got to enjoy a moisturizer that does not make me look like an oil slick. others might be good, but i yet to find something better or as good as Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream ^_^

      Delete
  3. Love your review, well I actually went to their outlet a month back and did a skin analysis thingy and they gave me 5 samples to try out. I haven't got the chance to try it out yet, as my current skincare now is Clinique, so don't want to be mixing up with things, coz than u won't know the real result. By the way I purchase their #1 Lip Balm, I normally use it at night more like a Lip treatment. The consistency is oily, but u somehow feel like your moisturising your Lip at the same time. Try it out if possible, might do a review on it when I have the time. It only cost RM 35, it's either in a tube or a small pot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting sis ^_^ oh you remind me that I too have a sample of their dark spot corrector which i havent tried yet. wow, i never knew about this lip balm from Kiehl's. Now i am only using Egyptian Magic Cream for overnight treatment (on lips and face) because it really works magic ;)

      Delete
  4. Does the toner tighten the pores too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope sis, it does not claim to tighten pores either. it only helps skin to combat oily problem and gives refreshing feeling to it so that skin appears healthier.

      1 thing that I learned from beauty talks by skin experts, they said that pores actually need years to get smaller/tightened and not in 2 weeks or 1 months.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts