Acne Solutions I Love

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Assalamualaikum and hello!

I think in my previous reviews I mentioned quite a few times that my skin had experienced a very bad acne outbreak from November 2013 till early 2014. I think I can blame it all on the hectic and stressful schedule of my final semester, a haywire eating schedule and a mess of unhealthy food intake. I also found out that since I hit 22, my skin has developed an allergic reaction towards excessive intake of cheese and processed food (i.e : canned pasta sauce). I used to have no problem eating cheese and carbonara as much as I want coz it does not make me gain any extra weight at all, but now it give me pimples (T_T) bye food. HAHA~

So the reason I'm making this post is to share with you guys some products I used (and still using now whenever needed) to help me with the acne/pimples outbreak. They are within my budget as a full time student and I am happy that all of them helped me in their own way. Seriously, having a face scattered with pimples is the worst nightmare of my life. This is because I already had my skin well taken care of after I used Yadah Bubble Deep Cleanser (reviewed here) and its Vitamin Toner and Vitamin Emulsion. I was so happy till the acne outbreak ruined my happiness and scarred  my confidence for one and a half semester. I don't have that much money to see a dermatologist as my best friend told me that the cost is kinda expensive because she always had to see one for her skin allergic. So without further ado, lets see what products I love to treat acne/pimples ^_^
1. Mario Badescu Drying Cream
I learned about this drying cream from my best friend Mazlina. She had used them before I bought it and the results were awesome on her, making me wanna try it too. I waited for quite some time actually to finally bought this. It smells terrible, my brother swore when he sniffed it XD however I don't have a problem with the smell because it is not that sickening to me. The cream is very thick and the instruction told to apply sparingly on problem area and blend until invisible. This Mario Badescu Drying Cream can be used under makeup as well if you are worried that makeup will further aggravate your acne. It reduces the size for big acne by the third day and sometimes smaller ones just disappear after one or two nights. The good thing about this drying cream is that a little goes a very long way and I don't know when will I get to finish it. It seems like I will need ages but the product says only keep for 6 months after opening. 

2. Ciracle Pimple Solution Pink Powder
This is my second bottle and it is also my alternative to Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. I yet to buy MB's Drying Lotion because I still think it is too expensive XD so this pink powder has a cooling sensation when dabbed on skin (the pimple) but sometimes my acne with pus 'exploded' while I washed my face so it stings quite a bit when dabbed on popped acne. I love this solution the most for acne with pus because it just disappear in the morning. For acne bumps under the skin, it takes 1-2 days to heal, depending on the size of acne. To use, we need to dip a cotton bud into the pink powder, take it out and dab on problem area. Do not shake the bottle and keep it no longer than 12 months.

3. The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil
This is my utmost favourite as I started with tea tree oil first when many acne solutions won't work on my skin. However, the downside of using tea tree oil is that it is very drying to my skin. I was too naive and too quick to see my pimples recede at first, so I used it every night which was a careless move. It dried my nose and forehead until my skin peeled. But that was entirely my fault for using it excessively and not applying enough moisturizer on problem area. So don't use tea tree oil daily on your skin if possible okay? If you have to, just try to dilute it with some small amount of water first. This Body Shop Tea Tree Oil is a good alternative if you prefer not to buy other pimple solutions. It is a natural remedy, so be prepared to wait a few days for acne to heal depending on your skin's acceptance towards it. For me, it takes 3-5 days and it is painless unless the pimple is popped, which stings a bit. You can keep this up to 12 months only after opening.

4. Nexcare Acne Patch
Hands down, this is the simplest acne solution I ever tried. It is quick, non-messy and the cheapest among all 4 products here and the easiest to buy, hehe! This Nexcare Acne Patch has two sizes, small dot and big dot. It comes in round (dot-like) transparent yellow patches. I learned from an Indonesian blogger to cut the dot in half if it is too big for my acne so that I can save a bit, hehe! 80% of the time, it reduces my acne size overnight and reduces redness as well but sometimes it might take up to three days for big acne bumps to heal completely. I love looking at the patch in the morning because it turns white after a night of absorbing acne secretion. But well, sometimes it does not work that well on certain bumps, I'm okay with it as it never make my acne worst either. Nexcare said that we can use this prior to applying makeup but logically, this patch is too thick and very visible on skin. I think it will make me look funny if I go out with it on XD there is another brand (Miacare) that allows us to use the patch and it appears invisible on skin, awesome! I used it too but they're not that effective on me like Nexcare. Again, this is personal okay, might not work on me but might work well on you ;)

I would like to stress this to my readers that skincare products are very personal. What works on me might not work well on you. What works very well for you might not bode the same fate for me. It depends on our skin whether to react positively or negatively (or no reaction at all) on the skincare we used. You might wanna ask why I don't put Dalacin-T here. Well, I have tried Dalacin-T and it only worked on my skin for less than 3 months before it became a total waste of ineffective treatment to me. These 4 products I listed here have been serving well to me whenever I experienced acne breakouts or hormonal acne for definitely more than 3 months. They consistently show good results on me, thus making it to this post ;) Do tell or ask me if there is anything missing that you wanna know okay? 



I bought Mario Badescu Drying Cream from Luxola because the price there is way cheaper than what offered by our local Sephora. Plus Luxola seems to always have good sales so yeah, it is better to buy there :) As for the Ciracle Pimple Solution Pink Powder, I only bought it from HiShop but you can also get it from Muse by Watsons at Sunway Pyramid, the price is the same at both shops. Nexcare Acne Patch can be found at pharmacies/drugstores like Watsons and Guardian, while the tea tree oil I got here is obviously from The Body Shop. However you can get it cheaper than normal price if you look out for blog sales or at Carousell ;) I hope I have helped you guys to learn a bit on my favourite acne/pimple solutions and where to get them. If you have any further questions, just drop it at the comment section okay? I'd be happy to help ^_^

Share with me, what is your holy grail acne solution?

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. My favourite would be the Nexcare patch too and I'm using Shills Mandelic Acid Essence to cure my pimples and scars heh :D It works on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent tried Shills Mandelic Acid Essence yet but I read many good reviews about it :D thanks for telling dear, maybe next time when I have the chance I know what to seek for ;)

      Delete
  2. I wonder what's best for acne scars XD would love to try that drying cream, maybe I will (since there's currently a sale lol)

    Bloobs Blurbs II

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For acne scars I was told by a beautician to use Ciracle Red Spot Healing cream, I already bought it but havent used it. will update later about it ^_^

      Delete
  3. Haha. Me?

    I used colgate. Haha. Its really effective actually. Kelakar kan? Nnti nak cuba Nexcare tu. Terus tampal je. hehe.

    Thanks miezaa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used plain toothpaste too some time ago when I dont have any acne solution, hehe! Yeah babe, go try Nexcare but buy the cheapest pack first to try so that tak rugi sangat if it doesnt work. If Nexcare doesnt work on your skin then try Miacare ;)

      Delete
  4. now i want to try nexare patch...but honestly the body shop teatree oil does not work at all...im using the cellnique sebum gel + the acne gel which good for both black head and pimples..the other day my red bump quite big disappear after few day without turning into those wit pus.....omg I was so shock to see because i use acne gel on an off only mayb the sebum gell help control oil production...but now i hv finish it thinking whether i shud buy it again as it's not cheap....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tea tree oil doesnt work on all people's skin, I also know some friends who cannot use them as well. What about other tea tree oil brands, have you tried any? heyy I'm utterly jealous of those Cellnique gels, it sounds so promising!!

      Delete
  5. tried nexcare too...suke sngat...but sometimes i think it's a bit thick compared to miacare brand...but love the idea of acne patch especially sbb tgn nie gtal ske picit2..drying cream cmbest je...nk tryla nnti..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup yup, Nexcare is definitely much thicker than Miacare. I love acne patch because it is not messy XD

      Delete
  6. I used the Acne Cream from MooGoo and ClearCalm 3 Clarity Restoring Mask from REN to "counter-attack" my acne problem. My acne problem was under control until I ran out of both products. =_=

    But I've always wanted to try out Mario Badescu Drying Cream. Thanks a lot for sharing. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca ^_^ glad that this post helps ;) i have always wanted to try REN clearcalm 3 clarity restoring mask as i was told that it is very good, but i cant find it here in malaysia and to buy from the overseas is not convenient for me at the moment. Hopefully i'll get to try it one day :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts