REVIEW : Etude House Wonder Pore White Clay Clear

Sunday, January 05, 2014

Assalamualaikum and hello!
How often do you pamper your skin with mask? I am currently disciplining myself to incorporate mask session into my facial care routine since I have tonnes of masks to finish. Since I have oily skin, I do not only need to find sheet masks with properties that suit my skin, but I too have the privilege to try clay masks! I'd like to share with you my review on a wonderful clay mask I bought from Etude House, which is Wonder Pore White Clay Clear. Quite a mouthful name for a clay mask, I know :p But this stuff is good!
This product comes in a baby blue jar made of sturdy plastic. It contains 100g of products inside the jar. Instructions, introduction, functions, and ingredients are all written on the box in Korean and English language. As you can see in the picture below, they have the 7 functions of this clay mask on the jar as well, along with some other Korean writings on the other side of the jar. 
They have been so thoughtful in including a spatula along with the clay mask. I love it coz we don't have to dip our fingers inside the product (unless you lost the spatula and don't have any others to be used). Plus point to Etude House for the concern towards cleanliness of product ;) God knows what nasty bacteria clings on our hands even after we washed it. 
Besides the spatula, there's also another white plastic cap to cover the product apart from the jar's lid. I found it beneficial to avoid the clay mask from being hardened or exposed to anything else :)
Consistency :
Thick cream, spreads easily like butter onto skin

Wear time :
It is written on the box that you should have it on for 15 to 20 minutes but I prefer to let it sit on my face till it dries completely. The period depends on the weather. If I wear it during the day or when the weather is hot, it dries in 20 minutes. But if I wear it at night or during wet,rainy days, it won't even dry completely after 30 minutes. 

Recommended usage :
On the packaging, we are recommended to use it once or twice a week for maximum efficiency.

My experience :
As I mentioned above, it depends on the weather when I waited for the mask to dry. Applying on the skin has never been a problem as the clay mask has a thick cream consistency, I kinda enjoy spreading it onto my face, hehe! When the mask is on my skin, I felt a minty sensation, and it recedes when the mask dries completely. It gave me a tight feeling too when it dries. 

Removal and after effect :
I used to remove it like the way we wash our face with cold water. There was no problem at all but I spent quite some time scrubbing it off my face. Now I am using a new method by wetting a face towel with warm water (took some effort to boil the water first since my house dont have water heater/hot shower) and wipe the mask off my face, it feels a lot better!

Upon complete removal, my skin felt very smooth, moisturized and refreshed. I can see that my pores get smaller too (not bluffing, it's really happening!). No tightness felt on my skin after removal, which is excellent for a clay mask's effect ^_^

Verdict :
4.5 over 5
Recommended for people with oily skin and large pores

That's all for now. Fyi I used this mask once a week or once in 2 weeks coz I got lots of other masks to be used >.< However, from today I'll start using it twice a week and there will be an update on my skin condition after, let's say, a month :) So stay tuned!

Do you use any clay masks? Share with me!

Find me on :

You Might Also Like

27 comments

  1. Looks really good! The texture seems quite interesting and I'd love to know how it works for your skin with regular use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the texture is fun! if i were a little girl who gotta play with her sister's or mother's clay mask, i'll surely scoop the whole pot out XD thanks for visiting Arpita, will surely make an update later ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. this is my first clay mask i think, at least, in a huge jar. hehe :D

      Delete
  3. Mask mmg bagus for your skin, guna twice a week guarantee tip top! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tengah mendisiplinkan diri ni, hehe! nak kulit flawless macam kak sabby jugak ;)

      Delete
  4. Sounds fun~ tapi malas la nak pakai hahaha :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was damn lazy too awal2 dulu, tapi sekarang kena paksa diri pakai. hehe

      Delete
  5. Berapa harga mask tu? Macam best je. Kita selalu pakai mask twice a week. Kita guna himalaya. Clay jugak. But sometimes bila dah bosan dengan himalaya, guna milk dengan cinnamon. Best best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kita pernah try cinnamon tapi pedih muka so x berani nak try lagi sekali =_='' kawan baik kita masa sekolah dulu yg suruh pakai cinnamon, kulit dia paling gebu kita pernah jumpa (T_T) this one tak ingat la yang berapa harga dia, around 70 something i guess? kita beli masa ada promo buy 1 free 1 kat etude house :)

      Delete
  6. I see quite a lot of comments on the Wonder Pore series sia. one of it is the toner if im not mistaken. Clay mask :X not my favourite type coz i tak suka kering punya feeling XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah the toner in a huge ass bottle. i wanna try but i was intimidated by the hugeness of it XD ala FurFer kulit lawa princess-like tak payah pakai clay mask dah, hehe

      Delete
  7. Great review ! How much was it ? I would love to try it on my oily tzone.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog ! I have only used the clay clear once because I was afraid it might have negative effect as my skin is sensitive + oily. My clay clear is only 10g because I got it from the Wonder Pore After Sun Special Set. Maybe I should worry less ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chiko ^_^ I have been using this clay mask for quite some time, they've done no harm onto my skin. if you have tried it before and it doesnt hurt, then you shouldnt worry as it is absolutely okay on your skin ^_^

      Delete
  9. Yep, I love the cooling sensation, too. But had been used only once, tho. What I wanna know is can we use it everyday? Cos, since I have huge pores ( literally can see them when makeup is not applied), i wanna use it everyday for fast result. :B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since it says use 2-3 times per week, I dare not say you can use it daily coz I myself never tried it. But I think, if I were to use it daily, maybe I'll just wear a thin mask. Try pairing it with the Wonderpore Freshner to get your pores smaller, but that too, takes time to work :) Good luck dear!

      Delete
  10. Loveee the pore minimizing effect! Might try this soon! hihihi.. Thanks for the review ^^


    vanisagita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome dear, thanks for visiting too ^_^

      Delete
  11. Does this also help with black heads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there, i don't really have a pressing issue on blackheads so i cant really say. however it does help in deep cleansing pores so i guess it will be okay :)

      Delete
  12. boleh beli on9 tak dekat etude house

    ReplyDelete
  13. Apparently this product has been discontinued. =(
    I love this product and the previous product as well. I would often use it before I pop my pimples, it's easier and doesnt give me the redness after use. Good for sensitive skin, especially the freshness it leaves after using it. Now it's just difficult to replace it :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I'll reply as soon as possible!

About Me

like us on facebook

Popular Posts